Need help with cheese and cravings!

Options
Hi there!
I'm new and well i get lots of cravings due to bouncy moods/periods of depression. This definitely effects my motivation and my progress. Anyone got any tips for lessening cravings and gain motivation? I may try Jillian Micheal's tips but want to know what you guys come up with :) thanks!
Also healthy/low fat cheese? (In the UK and not too expensive as i'm a poor student haha) Is there such thing? I LOVE cheese so much and try not to eat it due to the calories/fat and so on. However, i end up missing it and then craving, plus it would be a nice treat but i want a treat that's good at the same time- any suggestions?
Thanks so much guys!
<3

Replies

• falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've had the 'low low' cheese before.. it's actually not that bad! But it is kinda expensive, not something I regularly stock. Usually I just end up with whatever's on sale, and trying to control it!!!!! This can be VERY hard (if it wasn't for the BF I wouldn't have any cheese in the house), so maybe it's a good thing to splurge on the low low?
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I use feta cheese and sometimes halloumi (when I can afford it!). I think they're pretty low fat compared to say cheddar but I don't feel like I'm having a low fat version, I'm still eating the proper thing.
  • sarakfra
    sarakfra Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my life.

tumblr_lwk80izeB41qa8sy7o1_400.gif
  • tom10239487
    tom10239487 Posts: 19
    Options
    Cottage cheese may cure you of your cravings with its low fat content and disgusting texture... Leaving you repulsed at the thought of having more! Or maybe that's just me... But in all seriousness it is quite tasty
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just eat an ounce of cheese. It'll end up being around 100 calories, which isn't too bad.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have cheese everyday, sharp and pepperjack, I cut up a block of cheese and eat an ounce a day, 1/2 oz each. Delicious, I dont have to give up anything.
  • runningmcgee
    runningmcgee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, but do it in moderation. Denying yourself too much makes it difficult to stick to the diet.
  • luvBabybear
    luvBabybear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No cravings here since making Green smoothies. Dr. Oz has a recipe and it really took away my cravings. I just throw whatever fresh veggies I have in a blender with water and maybe a little fruit. An apple . Not delicious but it takes the cravings away.
  • LuckySe7en
    LuckySe7en Posts: 49
    Options
    I am a cheese lover too. I usually just have a little each day. I love the mini babybel cheeses. 1 serving is 70 cals, and they are a great snack. Individually wrapped in wax so you dont have to measure.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Try and find cancoillotte cheese. It is a french cheese from the "Franche Comte" region and is the lowest of all cheeses. It is a runny type of cheese which you can eat straight out of the container with crackers or you can warm it up and put in on steamed veggies or potatoes. They make a garlic flavored one or natural. It is between 100 and 160 calories/100gr depending on the fat content (Most cheeses average 100 cal/30g). Being in the UK you should be able to find it. I love cheese myself and eat it all the time. It is all a matter of discipline on how much you eat but by no means you should deprive yourself. Cheese is good for you.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    Aw thanks guys!! I'll give it all a go! :) I suppose moderation is good.. as long as it doesn't lead to pizza guys ;)
    <3
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Hi, I'm not in the UK, so can't really help with what prices you might see. I do know an ounce of cheese is around 100-110 calories and it's really more cheese than what you'd think. I go for the sharp chedders and use the smallest side of the cheese grater or a hand held cheese slicer. As for low calorie snacks or treats, when I do have them it's usually sugar free vanilla ice cream with mashed up strawberries or some really, really dark chocolate, an apple with a bit of caramel baked on. It was pretty easy for me, when I was able to SEE the portion sizes and realize they're pretty substantial and just change or tweek the treats. (this is coming from someone who used to eat 4 or 5 times the portion size of ice cream a night, when I know now I would've been just as happy with the one). You can also try the individual string cheeses, which is just mozzarella in a stick.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    Cheese is my life.

tumblr_lwk80izeB41qa8sy7o1_400.gif

This cracked me up, love her :laugh:
  • muddynicola
    muddynicola Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys or tesco or weight watchers half fat chedder cheese (tastes better melted)
    Half fat Feta
    Be good to yourself cottage cheese
    Low Low cheese spread
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Try a very strong flavored cheese. An ounce of a very pungent or sharp cheese tastes like so much more than an ounce of a mild cheese like gouda or mozzarella. I like an extra sharp new york cheddar.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Check my super in tonight's dairy! Laughing cow light. om nom nom!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Try a very strong flavored cheese. An ounce of a very pungent or sharp cheese tastes like so much more than an ounce of a mild cheese like gouda or mozzarella. I like an extra sharp new york cheddar.

Pair one of these with a tart apple makes a great snack!
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    I sometimes use Morrisons lighter cheese. its only 80-90 cals per serving. and its still very nice! if you get a stronger one- like mature- then you will only need a little bit because its so strong. x
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lidl low fat cottage cheese and cheese triangles, also tesco low fat cheese slices.

Being a vegi, cheese was my vice, it's taken a while but I have managed to curb the urge for eating a block of cheese.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks guys!! I'll give it all a go! :) I suppose moderation is good.. as long as it doesn't lead to pizza guys ;)
    <3

i just had a slice of pizza.

there is nothin wrong with eating everything you like, just keep it in your daily levels, i think of it that way if i want pizza i will work out a bit more and earn the calories :)