Do breast size decrease with weight loss?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Yes.

Though my CUP size hasn't reduced much in practical terms, I have gone from a 30GG to a 28FF/G, which is about 3 to 4 cup sizes in actual terms plus 3 inches lost around my back.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Thus far I've gone from a 42c to a 38d. Which is, proportionately, smaller... Despite the change to a d cup. (42c = 40d) but the smaller band makes me happy. :)

Hopefully I will lose a bit more, lol. Though being a true hourglass would be nice, :smile:
  • Everyone here is so endowed!
    Unfortunately, I am see the effects after I officially started dieting two weeks ago. I went from 34B to 32A. :(
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    YES... I've lost 88lbs and was a Full D cup when I started. I am now a comfortable B cup. It's fatty tissue so yes you will lose. Some ladies are lucky and don't but most do.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    I've lost a large amount of weight an so far I've dropped bra size, but not cup size (dammit).
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    It depends on your personal breast make-up. Each woman's breasts are made of a combination of breast tissue and fat, but that varies widely.

When I lose weight I generally tend to go down band sizes and up cup sizes (so my breasts stay largely the same).
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    If your breast are big because they are full of fat, as your boddy, you will lose the fat from the breast.
    If you have a natural or genetic material for big breasts (aka the dense tissue of the breast) you will probably lose some fat tissue from the breast, but you will still have big breasts. Also, the dense tissue decreases with age, so age will be also a considerent in the breast size decrease.

My breasts decreased throught the weight loss, but I also have lost inches from my back, so I still have a DD/E cup on my bra, but I have gone from 95DD to 85 DD (I'm talking Europe size). It was a big surprise to me how quickly I lost my back fat... I wish I had lost from my belly so quick. :laugh:
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Ummmm Yeaaaaah! Went from a 36D to a 32A :sad: But the boob loss was totally worth it for the weight loss:drinker:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Breast tissue is made of up fatty tissue so as you lose weight/fat your breast size will decrease. Some women lose them first, some women don't lose them much at all. Just depends on how your body lets go of the fat cells.

^^^^This.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Boobs are the first to go.
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    I have fluctuated between 155lbs and 120 lbs. over several years and have never changed bra size. They are not made up of only fat, there is a lot of mammary tissue in there as well. It all depends on your make-up.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    mine didnt with weight loss even if it was just 10lbs. but they did get smaller and awkward with weight training/heavy lifting.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    i lost my boobs first :sad:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I didn't gain any weight in my chest and I haven't lost any either. The only change I've experienced was in the strap size. I went from a 36D to a 34D/DD. I'm not at my goal weight but I'm not overweight anymore either. I hope that I don't lose any weight in my chest at this point. The only weight I really want to lose now is on my hips/thighs. :noway: :laugh:
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    lets see em girls:laugh:
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    When I lost a lot of weight about 4 years ago I lost 3 bra sizes. This time around for some reason they have stayed the same. I think that I am doing more resistance training I'm building muscle that is replacing the fat? I know it's common for the girls to shrink :( Boo.
  • skimpyskimp
    skimpyskimp Posts: 44
    It varies from person to person but yes losing weight can help decrease your breast size.

In my case, I lost around 30-40 lbs and went from a 38G to a 32F/34E which has made a huge difference, especially considering I'm only 5ft2 having a 38G size boobs just made me look ridiculously out of proportion and made clothes shopping a nightmare!
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    No expert on the calories you should consume...not knowing your stats I would say maybe closer to 1400 to 1600 calories start out higher and go lower as you lose weight. I do know about breast size decreasing with weight loss. I started out a 46D and now I am 38D a small D at that :(.
  • moliva4
    moliva4 Posts: 29
    Depends on the person... My chest and hips decreases less than the rest of my body... They aren't the first to go for everybody...
  • xxash19
    xxash19 Posts: 65 Member
    I lost a good amount of weight when I was in high school, I only went down one band size and they've been the same ever since.
This discussion has been closed.