Do breast size decrease with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• dressed2killl
    Options
    I have actually gone UP a cup size since weight loss and down band sizes.

At my heaviest I was 200lbs/38D, then I was 150/34DD, and now I am 171/36DD.
  • Farrahrm
    Farrahrm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How quickly you lose the fat won't help or hinder how the body chooses where to let go of the fat. Mine have went from 44b to a 40c and I still have 30 lbs to go.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    sigh ......unfortunately my boobs were the first to go.:ohwell:
  • linski24
    linski24 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wish mine would reduce in size ..!! As I went down a back size I had to go up a cup size ... Currently a British 34F......
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I went from a 52c to a 38a. Am liking the number going down but not so happy about the letter!

I did have weight loss surgery so my loss has been rapid and to not be too graphic I now have spaniels ears....can live with them rather than the 10 stone I have lost tho!!!
  • Farrahrm
    Farrahrm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I now have spaniels ears....can live with them rather than the 10 stone I have lost tho!!!

Hilarious! The old ladies at the Y call them torpedoes!! Lol
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 lbs very slooooowly and I gained one cup size. Not what I was looking for.
  • loloangel
    loloangel Posts: 24
    Options
    You are supposed to lose your breast when you lose weight...breasts are nothing but fat...but I have lost 27 pounds and I still have the same size...I guess it varies from person to person.......and its not a weird question because I asked it before...trust me! :)

Exactly
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    To be honest if I can sort out the rest of my saggy skin through continous excercise and increased skin care routine my spaniels might be the one thing I consider having plastic surgery on, although my oh says they are fine......It is all a matter of what you find ok I suppose.
  • beckyrbarry
    Options
    Well, the one thing I don't want to lose is my boobs. :(

I carry most of my weight in my stomach and face. My face is usually the last place that I lose, my butt and boobs are first. (of course.) I'm concerned about the saggy skin problem. I'm 45, so I don't have the "spring" in my skin that a young person would. I started out at 194. I'm at 167.6 now, and I have about 48 pounds or so to go. I'm going for 120, and then I'll see how I feel. I'm only 5' 2", but I know that odds are I will never be the size zero or 3 that I was after high school. Plus the hubby doesn't want me to be to thin. ;)

Anything you can do (besides boob jobs and plastic surgery) to save the boobs and prevent the sagging skin?
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what exactly is being asked?
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to lose your breast when you lose weight...breasts are nothing but fat...but I have lost 27 pounds and I still have the same size...I guess it varies from person to person.......and its not a weird question because I asked it before...trust me! :)

Exactly

False, there is a layer of fat around it but the general composition is mammary glands for producing milk. Don't expect them to disappear with weight loss.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I think everybody is different on where the fat goes first.
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, the one thing I don't want to lose is my boobs. :(

Anything you can do (besides boob jobs and plastic surgery) to save the boobs and prevent the sagging skin?

Lots of push ups and chest flies will build up the pectoralis muscles underneath to possibly make them perkier.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I don't think the rate of loss matters. I lost my chest mostly last. Didn't want to lose them, but I did. lol. I think it does depend on the mammary glands maybe. Some women probably have more / larger glands than others? I dunno. lol. But the fat is fat and will be lost depending on where your body decides to take it from during the weight loss process.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I lost about 90 lbs five years ago. My boobs were pretty flattened out and at that point, it was pretty obvious they were lopsided too, so I had a breast lift and implants done. I subsequently gained all the weight back (because I approached my diet entirely wrong), but my bra size is the same today as it was 5 years ago after the surgery. I'm working on losing the weight again, hopefully for the last time ever, and it will be interesting to see what I look like since the implants won't get smaller as the rest of me does. One thing I didn't do with the last diet was work on keeping my chest muscles toned, and I think was a large part of the reason for the saggy girls. Hope that helps!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think you can lose in both the cup size as well as the actual number may go down in size as to the loss of back fat as well. I haven't lost enough weight to actual see many changes but I can now hook my bra on the first hook rather the last hook.
  • Sav_Sky
    Sav_Sky Posts: 82
    Options
    I hope not!!! Im a C and dont want em any smaller!
  • bugzlooney
    bugzlooney Posts: 12
    Options
    :laugh: Losing weight is losing weight and you'll always look better with better proportion than just "large breasts".
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Mine decreased only very slightly the first time I lost weight a few years ago, but that depends on your body and how much you have to lose. I tend to be around the same ballpark regardless of my weight.