Older, fat, nurse looking for friends for health journey

Options

Replies

• ImaBeRockinDatBody
    ImaBeRockinDatBody Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse too..and 50, but my mind doesn't want to accept I am "older"....I want a body that doesn't accept it either! Please add me, too!
  • sinaragaquin
    Options
    I know it can be hard but try using more positive words when describing yourself. Have you seen the new Dove ad where women describe themselves to an artist and then someone else does the same thing to the same artist and the drawing are totally different? How long did it take you to lose the 37 lbs? I lost 7.5 in about 4 weeks, and I am also a nurse.
  • codagene
    codagene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need to loose an additional 70 pounds so don't feel bad. A 37lbs weight loss is terrific and you will hit your target weight by logging in everyday with your food/exercises for the day. Good Luck
  • LittleSoybean
    LittleSoybean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm an ER nurse. I know the feeling. I started my journey of weight loss on March 1st 2013 after breaking my arm on Valentines day. A friend of mine who is in her 60s in the past 3 years has lost over 130lbs sent me this. I find it very helpful and inspirational.
    Just for today I will stay on my eating plan.Just for today I will write down everything I eat. Just for today I will count calories.Just for today I will busy myself during difficult times.Just for today i will take time to think about what i will do before i do it.Just for today i will be in control of the emotions that send me into the kitchen time and time again searching for something that isn't there.Just for today I will act like the intelligent person that i am realizing that i am not perfect and that can fail without the world comming to an end.And if i Fail, Well JUST FOR TODAY,I WILL PICK UP THE PIECES AND TRY AGAIN.
  • JoannMichelle
    Options
    I'm an ER nurse. I know the feeling. I started my journey of weight loss on March 1st 2013 after breaking my arm on Valentines day. A friend of mine who is in her 60s in the past 3 years has lost over 130lbs sent me this. I find it very helpful and inspirational.
    Just for today I will stay on my eating plan.Just for today I will write down everything I eat. Just for today I will count calories.Just for today I will busy myself during difficult times.Just for today i will take time to think about what i will do before i do it.Just for today i will be in control of the emotions that send me into the kitchen time and time again searching for something that isn't there.Just for today I will act like the intelligent person that i am realizing that i am not perfect and that can fail without the world comming to an end.And if i Fail, Well JUST FOR TODAY,I WILL PICK UP THE PIECES AND TRY AGAIN.

I love this! I believe some people, many women, fall into the caretaker roll. It happened to me with the kids, one who was, shall we say "high maintenance". I am 57 and my husband is blind. Not a nurse but definitely a caretaker! :smile: anyone can add me. I'm new here and very glad I found MFP.
  • lavonfabian
    lavonfabian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm a 61 year old woman, working at a desk 9 hrs a day. I just started too - - but I'd be happy to have a couple more friends to help ME stay motivated, too.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I'm in the older, fat category. I've been here quite a while now and have got less fat, but sadly, not less old :laugh: .
  • cherie0211
    cherie0211 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 61 yrs old and have started this several times. Can't seem to get motivated. I would love to have a few friends that are in the same boat as me. I'm from Minnesota.
  • pearsol
    pearsol Posts: 30
    Options
    I am a 51year old outpt admit nurse with about 60 lbs to loose and would love to have nurse friend on this site, I have been off and o this site for awhile but mainly as a spectator, its time to step up and get healthy, please add me if you want to,
  • pearsol
    pearsol Posts: 30
    Options
  • NebWoman
    NebWoman Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm not a nurse but I'm old and fat. Do I qualify to give you support and receive it back?
    I just joined this site and I'm looking for woman 50 and up for support too. Will send a
    friend request. :smile:
  • jessasch
    jessasch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    33yo former Med/surg/onc/ortho nurse transitioned to chronic disease management. This led to a BIG weight gain. I went from about 20,000 steps a day to 6,000 steps a day. OOPH! Please feel free to add me...anyone! My motivation and drive has been slipping lately! I would love to motivate and be motivated!
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    44 year old high school nurse here - not doing the shift thing anymore (previously ED nurse) other than taking care of very busy family when not working!

Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    A nurse wannabe....hopefully next spring I will start schooling. Had to stop to help my elderly mom, and I am also guardian to my handicapped sister and mother to four as well, so its not happening as quickly as I like. Happy to see "older" nurses since it is not likely I will be a nurse before 40. Feel free to add me as well!
  • udderlyfantastic
    udderlyfantastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a nurse who was retired through ill health a few years ago and since then piled on a load of weight, mainly because of depression and immobility. I just joined earlier this week and desperately want to get all the weight off. You can never have too many friends I say, so I would be only too happy to help you on your way to success and you could maybe encourage me along too. I'm 53 and pretty immobile because of my conditions so I'm not expecting it to be a quick success story but I am really committed. If you want to add me as a friend then, please do and maybe together we can inspire each other to success. xx
  • LAMAnRLA91909
    Options
    I'm not a nurse but I'd like to be on that health journey too, You can count me in!
  • upsydaisy2011
    upsydaisy2011 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am in the uk and I'm 39 about to qualify as a midwife after spending the last 5 years studying (2 at college and the past 3 years doing my degree at university) I have around 14lbs to lose but finding studying/shift work don't mix well with dieting. Anyone feel free to add me. I could do with some like minded friends on here :)
  • Bessfish
    Bessfish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anybody friend me please, 48, my waist is almost my age 47.5 inches. Wow wouldn't admit to anyone but here. Work nightshift in an emergency transitional care unit, we are a holding area for admitted patients until the bed is ready. Also have cardiac observation patients.
    Have been on and off this site, trying to get in habit of tracking my food.
    Want to be healthy, trying to take steps but not be overwhelmed.
    Let the journey begin.....
  • Webbk2a
    Webbk2a Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    59 yr old nurse. On maintenance but would love to be friends with all of you. Will be a active supporter to all of you on your journeys
  • bacn60s
    bacn60s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    63 year old male here. You can do this. I did... Stick with counting your calories. Exercise as often as possible.
    Add me if you would like,