Stretch marks

Options
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the appearance of stretch marks? I seem to have them under my chest and out to my biceps but also around my tummy area! I've not got too much more weight to lose now so wondered if anyone has any tips?

Thanks!

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If they are already skin coloured but still visible, that's how they are going to stay forever.
    If they are red/purple, use bio oil and that should speed up the "healing" and turn them skin coloured quicker.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are something I have learned to live with. I have them all over my stomach, hips and thighs. One day you will kearn to accept them and they will be a reminder if how far you have come :) You can always try bio oil, some people swear by it but it never worked for me.
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The appearance of stretch marks on my upper thighs actually triggered me to start getting in shape using MFP. I was depressed at the sight of them, they were the darker ones and I felt like I had been ambushed lol. But a year later, I have lost weight to the point of reaching my ultimate goal weight, and those stretch marks have gone from being broad and dark to extremely thin and almost imperceptible from the surrounding skin. I agree with GeorgiaGirl88, they are a good reminder of how I turned things around! Have faith, you'll be okay.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    cocoa butter
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    supposedly they fade with time but they are still silvery and seeable... i've heard cocoa or shea butter helps, also almond oil, anything with vitamin E...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I've heard a derma roller can help. Have not tried this myself.
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    They will go silvery over time but never go. You can improve them with laser treatment but it is quite pricey and usually only works on new dark marks not old silverish ones.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Palmers cocoa butter good too. Buy the stuff that you put in the bath as well. Basically you cannot get rid but you need to keep the skin moisturised.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Palmers cocoa butter good too. Buy the stuff that you put in the bath as well. Basically you cannot get rid but you need to keep the skin moisturised.

I'll second Palmers :)