Those who are doing/have done Insanity..

Options
Did it make your calves INSANELY SORE in the beginning?? Mine are so sore. Like seriously it hurts to walk!! lol

Replies

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Yup. That 10 minute warm-up is killer, too. Best thing you can do, is drink more water, get your rest, eat according the program, and keep hitting play.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have been doing insanity since the late 80's when I started my once a month bout with going totally nutsbonkers for precisely ONE day and then wondering what happened to make me so crazy and then a few days later getting my monthly surprise....again....on time as scheduled. Because I just won't. mark. my. calendar.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I could hardly move in the beginning :sad:

Sitting on the toilet was a very unpleasant experience :flowerforyou:

Really focus on the stretching would be my advice and you will be doing the cardio recovery soon. That should help a bit as well
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! My calves were the most sore part on my body! Cardio recovery was the best at stretching them out then I was great to go Friday and Saturday! :)
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am starting in a weeks time as I am waiting for it to arrive. However what I usually do when I am really sore from running and teaching my boxercise classes, I use Epsom salts in my bath. Get the water as hot as you can stand it and put in a good dose (1pint) of salts and have a nice long soak. It will help with the lactic acid build up in your legs which is apart of the reason why you are sore.

Also I have borrowed my friends foam roller which is supposed to be great to get your muscles nice and stretched, Youtube it if you don't already know what one is :)

Hope this helps :)
  • TheDreadPirateWestley
    Options
    Every bloody muscle aches!

As has been said, make sure you do the stretches. They are vital in this and make sure you warm up. Also if you are dying, then rest. The fit so and sos int he back behind him die and half of them do this for a living, so its okay to flake.

Take care. Its tough.
  • _manikin_
    _manikin_ Posts: 6
    Options
    I start tomorrow (monday) and am really quite nervous.
  • TheDreadPirateWestley
    Options
    I start tomorrow (monday) and am really quite nervous.

As was I... I'm 46 too. Just ensure you do good form and wear a hrm to ensure you don't over do it. Also go at your own pace and ready when you need to. You cannot expect to keep up with shaun.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My calves were extremely sore in the beginning! I would recommend during the 30 second breaks stretch the calves a little more. The results & recovery drink post workout makes a big difference! I would highly recommend it I'm going into my 4th week and I am glad I purchased it because it has made a world of difference
    Lisa