Why is my ight loss so slow! :-( where am I going wrong!

Options
Hi there,

I'm on a 1200 calories a day diet and over the past couple of weeks have either been loosing a pound or staying the same. So I requested a little advice on here and it turned out that as I am going to the gym three times a week burning 600 calories off a time and only eating 1200 cals a day I wasn't eating enough. So I started eating my gym calories on nights when I went....and really enjoyed it.

I went and got weighed again this week after eating my 1200 cals a day plus my execise cals on gym days and again only a pound weight loss. I know a pound off is a loss but why is my loss so sporadic and slow. I must admit I am putting so much effort in to stick to a diet ad am pushing myself so much at the gym and to either stay the same or only loose a pound does get you down a little, especially when my Aunty has cut her food intake slightly and starting walking a couple of times a week and is loosing a pound a week. She isn't religiously watching what she eats like me and can loose a pound with a couple of steady strolls a week.

Where am I going wrong Argghhhhhh. Please help :-(

Replies

• DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Its just you dont have much to lose, so its always the hardest! Keep pushing!
  • lagringaloca1
    lagringaloca1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much do you weigh now? How much do you want to lose? If you are 5 ft tall and weigh only 110 lbs you are going to lose weight slower than your auntie if she is much more overweight. She burns more calories just walking around then you do.
  • elizajane1
    elizajane1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have dieted many times in my life and have always wanted it to come off quick.... I am loosing approximately 1 -2 pounds a week. More often 1 than 2.I exercise at least 5 days a week burning between 500 - 700 each day. I have decided that I am ok with being the turtle, because the turtle wins the race!!!! If you stay focused and continue to log and exercise you will be successful!! My question to you is do you feel better??? Don't be discouraged! Unfortunately we are all built different and there are many factors that go into weight loss. Hang in there!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    as above you don't have much to lose so it's going to be slow. stay consistent it will happen eventually.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is a Nice lose.
  • 79shirl
    79shirl Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi guys,

I know you are all right and that slower weight loss is better, and I should keep going. My Aunty does weigh more than me so I know that by her cutting back a little and doing a bit of exercise she'll get better results in the first instane.

I'm 5ft 9 tall and currently weight 10st 13 pounds (153 pounds)and i do feel so much better. I've lost 10 pounds in total but have only been using this site to track five out of the ten pounds. So the weight loss I have acheved has made me feel a lot better in my clothes and my legs are toning up well from the gym.......as my husband has just informed me :-)

But just wondered if I was going majory wrong somewhere.

I know its a marathon and not a race.

Thanks all :smile:
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I dont think you are doing anything wrong and a 1 pound a week weight loss is fine! You are much better to lose at this rate and train your body this way than lose more each week and pile it all back on when you try to get to maintenance. Once you only have 14 pounds to go you should set for 0.5 pounds a week off. Frustrating but worth it if you don't put it all back on again. Good luck!
  • HenchDenchBench
    HenchDenchBench Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    try something called intermittent fasting. its really reaally effective
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Some people have a hard time losing consistently if they're not eating enough. 1200 sounds really low for someone your size and with not that much to lose. Check out this thread to see if maybe you should be upping your calories:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Your aunt might be losing because her body is well-nourished and metabolism running smoothly.
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't define your success by a number on the scale. How do you feel? How do your clothes feel? You could be losing inches. Depending on what you are doing you could be losing fat and gaining muscle. Don't be discouraged. If you know you are doing what you should be doing to change your lifestyle, diet & exercise than don't worry about it. You will get there.