nike + on ipod touch 3G

Options
i have the 3rd generation ipod touch and am interested in the nike + ipod feature. i am finding it diffucult to find what it is i need to purchase. can anyone tell me what i need to buy? i think it's the sensor that you put on your shoe and that is all, i dont need the kit since i have the ipod touch. can anyone verify?

Replies

• rhoward66
    rhoward66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can confirm that this is true for the iPhone 4. Does your iPod have iOS4 installed?
  • pixieE
    pixieE Posts: 30
    Options
    You need the Nike + iPod touch sport kit which includes the sensor for your shoe and the sensor attatchment for the iPod touch. It's not too expensive, $29 from the Apple store US or it's £18.99 from the UK.
    Handy bit of kit apparently!
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got the little transponder thing and a pouch to attach onto my shoelace on Amazon for less than $30.
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The motion sensors interacts with other devices via bluetooth.

Since your iPod touch 3G has bluetooth capabilites, DO NOT buy the bluetooth adapter. Buy the sensor only. You will save $10 and you don't need it.
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have the newest generation of IPOD touch and I would like to get the Nike+ sports kit. I have been a little leary about getting it because I can't tell how difficult it will be to set up, and how helpful it will be. I am trying to improve my jogging/running times and track distances. Thanks for any info you can provide.

:flowerforyou:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have the newest generation of IPOD touch and I would like to get the Nike+ sports kit. I have been a little leary about getting it because I can't tell how difficult it will be to set up, and how helpful it will be. I am trying to improve my jogging/running times and track distances. Thanks for any info you can provide.

:flowerforyou:

I love my Nike+. You just need the sensor and the receiver, and a pouch to put the sensor in if you don't have nike+ shoes. It isn't hard to set up (like most things apple) but in order for it to be accurate you need to go to a track (or somewhere you know the exact distance) and calibrate it. You don't have to do this, but if you want your distance to be accurate (say you run 5 miles and it clocks you at 6.25 miles) you really should. :smile: