Restaurants with no nutritional info..

Options
So it's Mother's Day, and I know I'm going out to a particular restaurant with my family tonight. I know which items on the menu are smarter choices than others, but there's no nutritional info anywhere! How do you input meals from restaurants when it's a total guessing game? :(

Replies

• BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I find the nutritional information from a similar dish at a chain restaurant and use that. It isn't perfect, but it works for me. Some people just try to break down the dish by individual ingredients and record those. Personally, I am bad at eyeballing portion sizes and restaurant food always has more fat and sodium than I guess, so I find that using another restaurant is my best bet.
  • 8breatheout8
    Options
    Good idea! I didn't even think of that. Thanks :)
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I find the nutritional information from a similar dish at a chain restaurant and use that. It isn't perfect, but it works for me. Some people just try to break down the dish by individual ingredients and record those. Personally, I am bad at eyeballing portion sizes and restaurant food always has more fat and sodium than I guess, so I find that using another restaurant is my best bet.

I do the same thing.
  • roxy_babya2
    roxy_babya2 Posts: 31
    Options

AGREED^^^^
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Every restaurant is required by law to keep a nutritional guide somewhere. If its not on the menu ask if they have the facts somewhere (:
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We like going to Quaker Steak diner. When you check their website the only nutritional info they offer is for their BBQ sauces. Like that matters?
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Every restaurant is required by law to keep a nutritional guide somewhere. If its not on the menu ask if they have the facts somewhere (:

Not quite true, only restaurants over a certain size have that requirement. A lot of small family owned restaurants dont have them and are not required to
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Its just a guessing game. First you can find a similar dishes. After a while you can pretty much guess it without trying as you break it down in your mind.
  • Sarcastic_Hate
    Sarcastic_Hate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have never saw one anywhere i went but it would be nice to see them on the menus :)