First Day Down, Many To Go

Options
Has almost completed my first day on my quest to lose weight. I have tried HUNDREDS of times over the last couple of years and believe it or not have never made it through my first day without cheating!!! I'm so proud of myself today for staying "on the wagon"! I CAN do this, but why is it sooooooo hard????? :ohwell: Got to keep going, it'll be worth it in the LONG run. :happy:

Replies

• KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are in the right place if you want to lose weight, make friends, and feel supported. You CAN do it! Friend request me if you would like. I would love to be a support to you.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    My biggest advice- STAY FULL! If you get too hungry you will definitely indulge. Eat lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meat to stay full. Apples, green veggies, and fish are a big help in this department. Good luck to you. You CAN do this!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Great job on your first day. BUT, If you have a 'bad day' don't beat yourself up and quit. I guarantee that every success story on this site had a 'bad day' or 'bad days'. Trust me I've had 'em. The success is to keep on going and knowing when you have a 'bad day' to not make it stop you. Good luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Woo Hoo on Day 1! Take it one day at a time and by all means celebrate each day's victory! It brings you closer to your goal!
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im just on my 2nd day and like you have tried many many times, twice I have succeeded but just got into bad habits again. Im hoping that this site will give me the help and encouragement that I need. Syat focused and tell yourself I am not on a diet, just being a bit more healthy. Add me as a friend if you like - newbies together!!!!! :happy:
  • cathjones88
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, I agree the only way I'm going to succeed this time is to resign myself to the fact that I WILL have bad days, I WILL have times when I weigh in and put on weight for no reason but it's being prepared for this and not giving in as I always have in the past. I always think to myself "oh I'm just hopeless and I'm never going to succeed, I may as well give up" I have to forget that attitude and just stay focused no matter what. I have stocked up on my fruit and veg and loads of bottled water! I have to do it this time, I'm so uncomfortable, my young sons are always on about my weight and the last straw was when I got out of breath this morning doing my laces up!!!!!! Having everyone's support means so much more that I ever realised it would. Thank you all. :flowerforyou:
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your first day. This is a great place to find the motivation and support you need to keep you on track and lift you up when you have a rough day. Glad to welcome you.
  • cathjones88
    Options
    Thank you soooo much. :smile:
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    congrats on your first day. I just found this site yesterday and find the support great. You can do this!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My first 3 days were the hardest and then it got easier. I had to break my nibbling habit and once that was done, the plan was easy to follow. Good luck! This site works as long as you do to. It is the first thing to work for me. Just over 3 months since I have joined and I am down 31 pounds.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Today is my 3 rd day and I feel great this morning because I have stuck to it for three days!! Just say NO!! lol The feeling you will have in a few days will be worth fighting temptaions! We will have our moments but instead of beating yourself up just keep going. Somewhere I read once if you cheat don't wait until the next day to start over Start Over With Your Next Meal!! Otherwise you will binge the rest of the night!
    Best of luck to both of us on our continuing journey!