How do you get SUMMER CALVES?

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    With summer around the corner and shorts season already here, I was wondering what I can do to tone my calves so I look great in my jorts?

Any help please?!

Ballet!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone having seasonal limbs today? What are you all Mr and Mrs Potatoes?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Purina-warm-weather.gif
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters!
    Any of that nonsense about genetics or thermodynamic devilry, is totally unproven!

Just walk up a flight of stairs a day, it's that easy!
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    legs_flowers1.jpg

So summery!
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lots of walking...include hills...and you will def see a difference
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    the method that worked for me:

eat at an excess of calories and hit calves minimum 2 times a week in the gym.
    to make em really grow/defined its all about time under tension. when doing calves, make sure they get a good stretch...do the motion slowly and when you extend, hold that pose for 3 seconds before contracting.

BUT, its mainly genetics...to get em bigger, a calorie surplus is needed. you cannot build muscle without a calorie surplus unless you are a newbie. but if you got the size and just wanna tone it up, then just train them...plenty of videos on youtube to help.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I used the Fluidity Bar!! It gave me the long, lean calves of a dancer and it only took 6 weeks, even tho when I started I had 60 pounds to lose!

DyT5JUb.png
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Does "Summer Calves" mean calves that can be shown in the summer? If so.... Jump Rope, Jump Squats, Calf Raises
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I used the Fluidity Bar!! It gave me the long, lean calves of a dancer and it only took 6 weeks, even tho when I started I had 60 pounds to lose!

DyT5JUb.png

Awesome!

However, please clarify type of dancer.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Do 30 sets of 30 calf kickbacks with a soup can strapped to your foot daily to get tone :flowerforyou:
  • imshr3dded
    imshr3dded Posts: 33
    Options
    Start off by just walking. Bigger people have bigger calves usually so u will get great results from even bodyweight calf raises. Then maybe get a gym membership and start lifting(squats etc). Good luck and remember we all started somewhere.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Sista, you gotta get moving!! Low weight and a whole lot of reps on the calf raise thing switch around back to front machine. Finish with 2 hours on the elipical to burn off any free flowing residue carbs that have gathered on your calves and your halfway there to fab summer ready legs babe!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

DyT5JUb.png

I used a contraption rather like that one because I wanted to make my calf muscles longer and leaner, and my shin bones grew an entire three inches, and so my calf muscles became longer too. And what's more, my BMI went from the overweight range to the healthy range, because, you know, I'm three inches taller now.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

DyT5JUb.png

Awesome!

However, please clarify type of dancer.

The types of dancers in my head, of course. And all I had to do was pay $500 for a chair rail with a yoga mat attached to it! What a deal!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Walking in heels of course!

That only works uphill...... sheesh get you info right. You shouldn't trust what you see on the internet.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<< you jelly?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/dannydecaribu/gif wretling/spit.gif[/img]

Looks like ur gonna have to whip out those wrestling moves, and start drop kicking ppl.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

DyT5JUb.png
    perfect! A few weeks tops and Op's calves will be on fire!

1245228381_legs_on_fire.gif.gif
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    best thread of the day!!!!