Oxyelite Pro whats your opinion

Options
13»

Replies

• myke66
    myke66 Posts: 11
    Options
    Just as an FYI, the FDA letter is about OxyElite is using the term "dietary supplement" but contains dimethylamylamine which is not part of any dietary guidelines. Its has nothing to do with any danger, only the labeling.

I just started this today after doing research for a week about it and have seen an overwhelming amount of good reviews. I dont plan on using it full time, but as an aid to curb those "start of a diet" hunger pains.
  • amberrr20
    amberrr20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have been using oxyelite pro for a week now and lost 5 lbs. Yes it made jittery but it really helped suppress my appetite so that i was hungry enough for "bored eating" which is why ive gained my weight. I love to sweat when i work out! and with these i sweat buckets and i love it! it may be a lil weird lol but thats just me. I think that its going to effect everybody differently and not everyone is going to get the same results or the results they are looking for.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I used this. Still have half a bottle. It works great at first.. then you need more and more for the same effect. When I stopped using it.. My weight came right back + 5 more lbs.
  • Cindi_Rella1
    Cindi_Rella1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband used this for a while and it made him depressed and MAD all the time. BE CAREFUL with this product!!!
  • cutemamii
    Options
    Hi guys i been takin oxypro lite and the first week I lost 4 pounds I was really happy but now I been takin it 3 weeks and last week I only lost a pound and this week I didn’t loose anything and I been going to the gym 5 times a week and I be eating healthy and I still don’t realize why am not loosing any weight can anyone help me? Please
  • rikka87
    Options
    any reviews on wha oxy elite is like now that the one drug it had was banned?
  • LifeOfJeet
    Options
    I don't really need to lose weight but a friend who wanted to cut fast really quick used it and he said it was the best thing ever and the results really showed. I don't know about the side effects or any of the medical stuff but hope this is helpful.
  • d0nodon
    d0nodon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Couldnt get passed the second week, made me lose alot of sleep:noway: !
  • LifeOfJeet
    Options
    There is diminishing marginal returns to scale for any supplement and regardless of whatever supplement you take you have to make sure your calorie intake and workouts are ok. Perhaps you lost weight because of the initial effect but you need to cut your calories further because working out 5 times a week (I'm assuming you're being serious about it) sounds like you're going to the gym enough
    Hi guys i been takin oxypro lite and the first week I lost 4 pounds I was really happy but now I been takin it 3 weeks and last week I only lost a pound and this week I didn’t loose anything and I been going to the gym 5 times a week and I be eating healthy and I still don’t realize why am not loosing any weight can anyone help me? Please
  • aordean
    aordean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried it awhile back, and it definitely works for appetite control. It made me really shaky, and I had trouble sleeping. I have anxiety issues and take meds, which is a contraindication to taking this so I had to stop. A couple of my friends really like it, because it gives them lots of energy and controls their appetite really well. Good luck hope this helps.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    No.
  • OrangeUfit
    Options
    Use at your own risk!!!!!

This is my 5th day on OEP... I broke out in mild hives after a vigorous work out day 1.... I wasn't sure what it was so I continued. I have been stricktly taking only OEP no other supplements and today worked out hard and boom hives again this time bad enough for me to stop. I've never had an allergy in my life! I've always consumed large portions of coffee/caffeine. It's got to be something in the thermal inducer that created this reaction. They didn't appear when I took the pill but as I was sweating during my workout. This sucks and for vanity sake I'm here researching aide effect itchy as he k and swollen and I look like I was attacked by ants!!! Not a good look bro!!!! I drank the mandetory amnt of water and some. Be cautious... This stuff works but you are toying with some potent potentially harmful stuff here!!!!!
  • unusualsparks
    unusualsparks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have GAD, OxyElite Pro made my anxiety SKY HIGH. I was always dizzy, nauseous, and exhausted. Its horrible. I know it works and all, but how much can you work out when you're worn out?
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The FDA did just order the halt sale of Jack3d and Oxy Elite Pro as they contain dimethylamylamine. Here is the letter that was sent to the manufacturer:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2012/ucm302167.htm

They have 15 days to comply with the stop sale. Should be interesting.

This should be enough right here. Don't take the stuff.
  • TxRottie81
    TxRottie81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i know i am late on this thread..... but i am going to sy it anyways..... herbal products/ supplements are not closely regulated my the FDA. i know vwe like to believe that everything on the shelf at a drug store is safe and closely monitored but this is not the case. many supplements /diet pills are just not trustworthy... how is 2000% of any vitamin or substance healthy.... save your kidneys if you believe a pill will help you.. fill and empty bottle with gummy bears the psychologically effect is all that is truely helping you lose weight. Pharm.D. student
  • dje0201
    dje0201 Posts: 1
    Options
    So far...so good :)

Here's a little back history...
    In the Winter of 2011, I began working out hard. I was 160 and I had to get in shape/look hot for my best friend's wedding in the Florida Keys. In May of 2012, I was 140 and feeling great. I slowly started to creep back up the scale. I completely ate everything in sight and I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Well....now in June of 2013, I weigh 159 (not really embarrassed of the weight..embarrassed of the weight GAIN!) I heard about OxyElite Pro from a guy that works with my husband. I thought I would give it a try.

1st day-
    Very anxious/nervous to try. I took it, ate breakfast 15-20 minutes later (greek yogurt) and waited for the magic to happen. It may have been a placebo effect/my high expectations, but I did feel good. I was ready to work out to test my energy. I ran and felt great. The craziest thing was when I sat back in my car, DRIPPING sweat, I didn't even feel as if I worked out. I debated on going back into the gym but I did. It is also a HUGE appetite suppressant. I love sweets and I didn't crave them at all.. or anything else at that. By 5 oclock, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I fell asleep and woke up at 8. I thought this was really odd so I did some research. I read if you take caffeine while on OEP it will counteract and do the opposite (make you tired). Earlier in the day I took a BC Powder for a slight, slight headache. These have caffeine so maybe that had something to do with it? Anyways, to my surprise, I slept like a freakin baby that night.

2nd day-
    I woke up feeling like a million bucks and two pounds lighter. I felt amazing, I was awake and I was super concentrated at work. The only odd thing about the second day was I felt a little numb. Not physically, but emotionally. I work with the mentally ill and I didn't really give a **** about anything. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't control it, but I had to actually attempt to be "in tuned" with the people I encountered. Anyways, I didn't feel like working out, so I didn't.

3rd day-
    One of the best days. I felt like a rock star in the morning. I couldn't wait to weight myself and when I did, I was down another pound. I have had difficulty sleeping for the past 1-2 years. Again, I have been getting a consistent 6 1/2 hours of sleep a night and waking up WIDE awake. I don't feel groggy for the first hour I'm awake. I love this. This morning, I took two pills. (You're not supposed to do this until a week or two after you begin, I recommend following directions). I have a high caffeine tolerance as I would normally take two 5hr Energies daily. Anyways, I felt as if I could conquer the world and I was also in a great mood. I had a watery mouth about an hour after taking the two pills basically meaning I could have thrown up. It was weird though, that was the only "symptom" I had... I didn't feel bad or anything so I didn't throw up. I had a great day and was in a great mood.

4th day-
    I woke up at 5am when my husband left for work and couldn't go back to sleep. I was pissed about this, but remembered I went to bed at 10:30pm. There's that consistent 6 1/2 hours of sleep again. I am thinking about making myself go to bed at midnight every night. I have felt very good ESPECIALLY when I weighed myself-another lb lost! We'll see how today goes. I took one this morning and I'll take one around noon today....

Side Effects:
    1. I will randomly get chills throughout the day. It'll last for about 1-2 minutes. It's so hot here, I really don't mind.
    2. I have felt jittery a LITTLE. This is a common side effect for most, but I not really an issue for me.
    3. Not hungry AT ALL. I tend to eat what I crave with every meal and snack. I have to make myself eat...obviously, I would do this because I don't want my body to catch up with my head and pass out randomly.
    4. DRINK WATER. I hate water...I'll admit it. I prefer Dr. Pepper. BUT, if you don't drink water, you will begin to feel.. bad. The minute you start guzzling water down, you will instantly feel better. I'm drinking about 3 Liters+ a day.
    5. A lot of people say, since this is a thermogenic, their bodies would be warm. This wasn't the case for me... at least I don't think. Instead of my typical boiling hot shower, I have been taking warm showers.
    6. I tend to sweat a lot when working out, I'm now sweating double. (Which makes it more odd when I get to my car, after working out, sweating a pools worth of sweat, and not even feeling like I worked out)

Tips from me:
    --DRINK WATER. I'll say it again.
    --Take the pill on an EMPTY STOMACH. Eat 15-20 minutes later.
    --Make yourself eat throughout the day...just little, healthy things. Banana here, apple there...
    --Follow the directions. Can't stress this enough either.

I know diet pills are "not the way to a healthy diet". I'm having great results with these things though...so, you know...I'm going to continue. :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Obviously, I'm not the best person to ask since I haven't heard of it. I'm going to presume by the context that it is a weight loss supplement/aid. I'm pretty leery about anything like that. Typically you can start the countdown from when they hit the shelf to when the first lawsuit is filed due to a horrible side effect or health risk that they cause.

As for my opinion on this item.... it sounds like laundry detergent. LOL

^^^ this!! it does LOL

as for supplements etc, the alternative to the above is that it does nothing at all, no-one gets sued but no-one gets any results either, apart from those that come from the lifestyle changes they made along with taking it, i.e. the "should be used in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet" clause.
  • lovinsomeperrilliouxs
    Options
    I started back on Oxyelite pro a few days ago. So far it has suppressed my appetite. I have to drink 2 bottles of water right after I take it so I won't get a headache. Will check in after a few more days about the weight lost. But I have lost 3 lbs in 3 days but I also cut out soda's from my diet also.
  • fezzer61
    Options
    A friend of mine at work turned me onto this back in 2012. I bought it from GNC whenever it was on sale. I'm 50, though, so i used it real carefully, because it definitely increases BP and I could feel palpitations. But it did work to suppress appetite - initially. Like any of these things though, the diminishing returns slide is pretty steep. Now it's been banned because a few bad batches got out and caused liver damage. So, if you still have any, you won't be getting a replacement anytime soon.