How about you shut up about what I am eating!

Options
Buff2022
Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
I am all for people looking at my diary and telling me where I am doing good and where I am doing bad. I appreciate that feedback and the more detailed the better.

However I do not appreciate when someone makes comments about what I am eating and they are eating crap!

For example:
I am cutting up pineapple and I hear ... I thought you didn't like pineapple. Which is true not a huge fan. I can take it in small bits. Then I hear.....your wasting your money it is going to spoil. Okay I did not buy a lot of pineapple and it was already cored. I figured my son might eat some of it too.

This all coming from a person who is eating ice cream and doughnuts as she says this.

I didn't say much... because I already know in my head that I am doing something right. I have lost almost 25 pounds. So in one ear and out the other. No stopping in the brain to process. Just Keep it Moving.

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    lol - we all go through this.

Try not to let those words affect you - you said it yourself - you know what you are doing is working.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    haha!! I know what you mean! My hubby keeps complaining I'm spending too much money on "special food" aka healthy food. He says I end up throwing it away, but I don't. How would he know? He's NEVER home!! Ok, done with my rant. Just frustrated with his lack of support.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I would say this person is already a better friend because they are taking the time to look over your diary and relate it to what they know about you. Personally I would prefer someone who makes this sort of effort over the normal 'Good job!', 'Good day', 'Yummy day' sorta rhetoric I see day after day.

If somebody were making comments I regularly found hurtful I would first thank them for paying attention and trying to help me. Then I would mention how their words made me feel. If they were truly a good friend, I hope they would change.

If they couldn't and it got too much, there's always friend removal.
  • mandi108
    mandi108 Posts: 16
    Options
    haha!! I know what you mean! My hubby keeps complaining I'm spending too much money on "special food" aka healthy food. He says I end up throwing it away, but I don't. How would he know? He's NEVER home!! Ok, done with my rant. Just frustrated with his lack of support.

Oh man I go through almost the same thing. My boyfriend is constantly saying things like "I give it a week before you're back up to 5 sodas a day and quit working out all together." Mainly my fault because I've done that many many times since I've joined, which is why I weigh more now than I did when I originally joined and had to fix my profile. But guess what? Tomorrow marks the last day of my first week and I am feeling soooo much better both physically and mentally and I am NOT about to quit now. And he's going to owe me a nice healthy dinner at Jason's Deli. Lol. Just ignore the nay sayers and keep on keepin' on!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but meat is the greatest food ever invented.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but meat is the greatest food ever invented.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat, right?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat, right?

Exactly. I want to join the new PETA
    People for the eccentric tasting of animals.

Imagine, top hat, monocle, waxed mustache, and grilled meat appetizers.
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No matter how well I eat now, after so many years of eating poorly I don't think I have the right to make negative comments about anyone's food choices. I guess you could say that my diet criticism license was revoked by the food police!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am all for people looking at my diary and telling me where I am doing good and where I am doing bad. I appreciate that feedback and the more detailed the better.

However I do not appreciate when someone makes comments about what I am eating and they are eating crap!

For example:
    I am cutting up pineapple and I hear ... I thought you didn't like pineapple. Which is true not a huge fan. I can take it in small bits. Then I hear.....your wasting your money it is going to spoil. Okay I did not buy a lot of pineapple and it was already cored. I figured my son might eat some of it too.

This all coming from a person who is eating ice cream and doughnuts as she says this.

I didn't say much... because I already know in my head that I am doing something right. I have lost almost 25 pounds. So in one ear and out the other. No stopping in the brain to process. Just Keep it Moving.

perhaps you should address this person personally instead of creating a thread about it-as this will do nothing to solve your problem. But I guess people just like *****ing instead of addressing the issue.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If they are on your `friends list and you don` feel that you are getting along with them because of this issue then delete them? then they can not view your diary?

For example:

• wolfsvixen
    wolfsvixen Posts: 11
    Options
    I hear it at work all the time. Last week was eating sliced cucumber, baby carrots, laughing cow cheese and an apple with my water. Someone walked past and told me I was going to starve to death. This is the same person who told me the week before that I was fat and I needed to do something about it. I was told that I was never going to lose any weight eating that way. So the 13 pounds that I've lost and the pants that are threatening to fall off my butt mean nothing right? I smiled and said nothing about the really big Starbucks coffee (loaded with everything but the kitchen sink) that he was holding and went back to happily munching on my cucumber. slices I'm lucky when it comes to produce, hubby works at a grocery store and gets me whatever fruit/veggies I want - so at least I don't have to hear about it at home.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

For example:

people who criticize you for taking an interest in your health are just bitter and jealous that they don't have the self control and willpower to do the same thing.

simple as that.
  • margieo1983
    margieo1983 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

people who criticize you for taking an interest in your health are just bitter and jealous that they don't have the self control and willpower to do the same thing.

simple as that.

Exactly.

OP- The person making the remarks isn't trying to be a good friend; she is mad that you are making positive efforts and you are doing it better than she is. She's jealous and is angry at herself for eating cake instead of fresh fruit.
  • margieo1983
    margieo1983 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    And OP, you do not have to justify to ANYBODY why you are eating pineapple, or what will be done with the leftovers, or whatever. It's your life, your business, and people need to BUTT OUT.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    make your diary private then you won't have to waste your time making a thread complaining about a diary that you decided to make public...that is pretty ironic...
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

For example:

That is just not very nice. Keep on going with what you are doing and feel free to ignore the next paragraph but here is my two sense about pineapple

If you don't like pineapple by itself, have you tried Pineapple Mango Salsa? It is great on pork. We had it for mothers day this evening (ugh so fat feeling after that wonderful meal!)

My aunt gets a whole pineapple, 2 mangoes, a red pepper, a small red onion, and a few jalapenos to taste (we like it spicy):devil: Chop it all up into itty bitty pieces (i think she gets it to like 1/4 inch or smaller cubes) and mix. It lasts a few days in the fridge or you can give it away. I had 100g (about a half cup) and it was only about 100 calories.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I hear it at work all the time. Last week was eating sliced cucumber, baby carrots, laughing cow cheese and an apple with my water. Someone walked past and told me I was going to starve to death. This is the same person who told me the week before that I was fat and I needed to do something about it. I was told that I was never going to lose any weight eating that way. So the 13 pounds that I've lost and the pants that are threatening to fall off my butt mean nothing right? I smiled and said nothing about the really big Starbucks coffee (loaded with everything but the kitchen sink) that he was holding and went back to happily munching on my cucumber. slices I'm lucky when it comes to produce, hubby works at a grocery store and gets me whatever fruit/veggies I want - so at least I don't have to hear about it at home.

Gee whiz - we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

And to the OP - to heck with those people. They'll find other things to criticize people for. It diverts them from the thoughts of self-hatred they feel for themselves.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I charge a dollar to let people make comments on my diary. Sorry, only take PayPal at the moment.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    if u have your diary open anyone has any right to do that so
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options

For example:

OP Ignore the cheating fatties and keep eating clean and healthy. You got this.