The devils temptaion.....carbs. (ok it s going a little deep

Options
I cant stop eating them!!!!!! I am hating myself right now, but I just eat and eat and eat and eat. Today I said I wasnt going toeat that much but for lunch I had a HUGE portion of left over spaghetti (made with whole wheat noodles) and 3, count them 3, slices of whole wheat bread!!!!!!

Yesterday, I couldnt even tell you how much I ate. I know half of a Totinos pizza, with ranch (of course) at some point I ate a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, 2 (2?!?!?!?) cupcakes with frosting. And for dinner I went to Sonic and got a Coney deal with tots and a strawberry limeade.

Im done being a fat *kitten*.(my words about myself, please dont take offense)

I guess I do have some emotional things going on, like I want to quit my job, because I HATE it. However I dont want to just abandon a job because Ive never done that before. I dont want to quit because I have a vacation fastly approaching and I want to be able to do things with my girls and if I quit I dont know if we would be able to. I dont feel happy about where Im putting my family and its hard because I know that if I dont leave my job I never will.

There are other things that I feel as if I can go into deeper detail but I dont want to be judged or looked down upon.Thank you for listening to my rambling.

Any ideas on how I can stop craving so much food?

Replies

• kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When you feel the craving try drinking a BIG glass of water and waiting 30 minutes. If you still have the craving allow yourself a small portion and thats it.

Healthy lifestyles dont mean complete deprevation (sp?) but healthy quantities.
  • rhoward66
    rhoward66 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't have an easy answer, but one thing you should strive to do is remove those tempting items from your fridge/pantry and replace them with healthy, delicious alternatives. I know that may not be easy to do with others in your household. And when you fall off the wagon a little, get back on the next day...burn some extra calories to make up for it.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Are you really hungry, or are you just emo-eating 'cause you're depressed about the crappy job?

Find a better job, then quit this one. :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    sounds like emotional eating, which is a hard one. You need to try to replace the food with something else. Try taking the kids to the park, or treat yourself to something you have been wanting to do. You would feel much better about yourself if you went to get a pedicure instead of going to sonics. also if you have a plan of what you are going to eat before hand that can help to stay on track. Then if you do go out you already have decided on what you will order . Hope this helps.
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    Its totally emotionally eating. Ive been on MFP for a little over a year and up until this last month (about the time I started this job) Ive been eating relativity healthy drinking all my water, doing things I knew had to be done to keep losing.

Getting rid of the food wont be a problem, I think Ive eaten everything unhealthy thats in the house. :) Thanks every one.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I can totally relate! There are times I'm just eating without even tasting what I'm putting in my mouth.
    One way to curb the carbs is drinking water (as someone else suggested), and if you DO eat something you're craving, eat verryyyy slowly. You will feel full sooner, and you will have really given your taste buds to appreciate the food. I love the idea of getting rid of the food you're craving. If it's not available then you're not going to eat it.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I will add something you may already know - It's easier to find a job while you already have one. Reduce your stress, put your resume together and start looking around, taking those steps will let you know that your current job isn't forever.

Also - pros and cons: You could not have a job at all, many don't. You are in a good postion to step off your current job at a time of your choosing.

Be easy on yourself. :flowerforyou: