What was the funniest thing you kid ever said to you?

Options
2»

Replies

• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    When I asked my 4 yr old daughter to pick up her toys: "Mom, I'm not Cinderella."
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Wasn't to me but my sister had a 2 year old and was 9 months pregnant with another and my niece says

"Mommy, how long will you belly keep growing?" - My sister

"Well Molly, I've been growing you little brother in here for 9 months, so he can grow big and strong but he's almost ready to come out" - Mother

"And thats what being pregnant is? Growing a baby to get big inside your belly?" - Niece

"yes honey" - My sister

Then my niece looks up at my mother and says ' Oh Grammy, you've been pregnant for a LONG time, you baby is going to be SO BIG!"
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I was watching a movie with a 3 year old where one of the characters goes to jail. He got really excited and said "I want to go there when I grow up!"
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Gosh, there are too many funny ones. I wish I had written them all down.

The first one that comes to mind was a couple of months ago. We were going to see the movie Parental Guidance. I was in the shower, hubby downstairs. My daughter walks into the bathroom and says, "I just watched the movie trailer on my iPod, and there's this really funny part where the grandpa gets kicked in the nuts". I pretend to play dumb and say, "what are nuts and where did you hear that?" She says "I heard it at school and nuts are your vagina". I about died from laughing so hard. After I got ready, I had to explain that boys and girls had different body parts and that boys often refer to theirs as nuts. She looked so bewildered by the fact that boys didn't have vagina.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It is hard to narrow it down, so I'll just go with recent. I overheard my 6 year old daughter say to my 8 year old daughter, "I'm happy that I'm a primate!" (They were climbing at the time)

I love that one!

:laugh:
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I used to threaten my kids that I would sell them on e-bay when they were getting rowdy.

One day, middle son (who was about 9 at the time, AND the reason for EVERY grey hair & wrinkle I own) was being especially challenging so I told him that I already had the ad set up and I WOULD sell him.

He looked at me very directly and very seriously and said, "You can't I checked. It's against the law."

I told him it's only illegal if I get caught. Heh.

He also believed for years that I had eyes in the back of my head and would try to stealthily 'play with my hair' as he looked for them.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    i was trying on my wedding dress in front of my 4 year old nephew and sister and i asked my sister if i looked fat. my nephew goes 'um, you look a little fat.' kids, so honest. lol!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    For my son's fourth birthday, I bought him both Woody and Buzz Lightyear figures (12" tall or so). I even wrote his first name on Woody's foot before wrapping them up. Anyway, he was unwrapping his gifts and his face lit up with the biggest smile and said, "I got a big Woody!"

It was too funny!!
  • BrittBrat1787
    BrittBrat1787 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't have my own kiddos but I get to hang out with them because of my job he are two of my favorites :

Conversations with kids:
    (this was last month when it was like 80 degrees outside)
    Simon: Brittany I'm a farmer and sleep on a farm. You're my cow.
    Me: Thanks, Simon. I love when boys call me a cow.
    Simon: You're welcome. Wanna see what Santa brought you?

....and this one might be my favorite from one of my favorite 5 year olds:

Conversations with my Kinders:
    Jordan J: "Miss Reed. I think I broke my ankle this morning." (it was 3:30 fyi when he came to me)
    Me: "I think you would be screaming if you broke it."
    Jordan J: "Nu-uh, Miss Reed, I wouldn't be screaming 'cause I'm a MAN!"
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I always pronounce things the way they are spelled just to screw around.

The boys asked what was for dinner so I said fajitas....(remember like it is spelled) My 8 year old says "did you say Vagina's?

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO SHOCKED IN MY LIFE!!!!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I don't have my own kiddos but I get to hang out with them because of my job he are two of my favorites :

Conversations with kids:
    (this was last month when it was like 80 degrees outside)
    Simon: Brittany I'm a farmer and sleep on a farm. You're my cow.
    Me: Thanks, Simon. I love when boys call me a cow.
    Simon: You're welcome. Wanna see what Santa brought you?

....and this one might be my favorite from one of my favorite 5 year olds:

Conversations with my Kinders:
    Jordan J: "Miss Reed. I think I broke my ankle this morning." (it was 3:30 fyi when he came to me)
    Me: "I think you would be screaming if you broke it."
    Jordan J: "Nu-uh, Miss Reed, I wouldn't be screaming 'cause I'm a MAN!"

LOL! This reminded me of a conversation between my middle son and my daughter, when they were 6 & 8

Middle son (8) is saying all the stuff he can do, and she's saying nope and why

Finally he says to her very seriously: "I can do it because I'm a MAN!
    Daughter (6) responds with: "No you''re not! You're not allowed to be a man until mama says so!"
  • MotivatedinCalifornia
    MotivatedinCalifornia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My son was in kindergarten. He was taking speech therapy. He started saying what I thought was "foot face". Well when his
    speech improved I found out he was actually saying" _ _ _ _ face"! I put a stop to that right away! To this day I don't know where
    he learned that word.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My friend telling her 3 year old to put on his seat belt or the police would take him to jail. 3 yr old saying its ok I have a get out of jail free card. Mom telling him it only works in monopoly. 3 yr old saying mom Ashley said its real and it'll work in real life.