What motivates you to work out? :)

Options

Replies

• torymichaels
    Options
    I despise working out. If I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten back to this shape.

That said, my husband has joined me on MFP and is working on losing about 35-40 pounds himself. And, unfortuantely, I'm competitive. And I think I've ended up doing a bit of damage to myself physically because I was trying to do as much exercise as he is (didn't quite make it, he walks 4 miles, I manage 3, BUT I can do more stairs than he can). But my feet, ankles and knees feel like I'm walking on needles/knives constantly at this point. He's also about 50 pounds lighter than I am.

So yeah, I'll dial back to trying for 2 miles, rather than 3. That, I think, is doable.

ETA: I just want to be slender and healthy as an adult so my twin daughters will have no memory of me as the blob I am now, and thus hopefully break the cycle of fat mom leading to overweight/fat daughter(s). And hopefully head off the budding problem with my son and his weight.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It lowers my stress and gives me a little buzz...plus it helps me maintain my awesomeness. :flowerforyou:
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It puts me in a better mood and helps me crave less food.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    The sense of accomplishment when I'm done, seeing how much better/stronger I am getting and lastly, not having to listen to my internal nag-hag for NOT doing it.

She's really annoying.:noway:
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Skinny B*tches
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmpu0qNZm31spmm67o1_1280.jpg

THIS!!! Set as background on my computer!!!
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't need to be motivated to work out, I enjoy it. Bet I'm not the only person on MFP that feels like this :smile:

^^^^^^^ This totally!! ^^^^^^ I did not enjoy it before but now I found stuff I LOVE to do and BAM LOVE it!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...A lot of times I work out with my husband so I don't need a lot of motivation to workout with my favorite person.

Adorable! :heart:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I hate working out. But yoga and walking have been a good form of exercise for me. I see my instructor 3 times a week at class, we we do essential oils on the side, so I usually see her once a week for that too. The group of friends I've made through yoga and essential oil classes has been great, plus everyone on here who messages me and is friends with me always comments on my status' and weigh in so I feel like We're really pushing each other. I had a bad day today, but I was uplifted and motivated by everyone else doing well this week and telling me "one bad day is nothing! Get back on track tomorrow!"
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    No medications! Medication and I do NOT like residing in the same building, much less the same body. When I miss my exercise (especially the cardio portion) the chance that I have to take meds that day sky rockets. Since I get NASTY side effects from the meds, it definitely gives me the little extra push I need to drive into town, head towards school, and get through those doors on the days I don't wanna.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    So I don't see red numbers at the end of the day, also the excercise has helped alot with the weight loss!! There have been a few days that I have not felt like working out but glad I did because working out makes a huge difference with my daily mood! :grumble:
  • kellyswitzer
    Options
    The next 5K...which reminds me, time to sign up again
  • UphillBattle22
    Options
    I enjoy, actually love, working out but on those tough days I always think about a quote I saw on pinterist that read: "The only workout you regret is the one you didn't do" and it's so true!
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    I work out because i get to be alone, it calms and grounds me.

Also endorphins and the amazing feeling of small accomplishments.

sometimes it feels like i could outrun all my everyday problems.
  • FedoraNinja
    FedoraNinja Posts: 45
    Options
    My calves.

In the three weeks or so since I started running "for realz," my calves have gotten better defined. So sometimes, when I need motivation, I just roll up my pants legs and rub my calves for a bit. :tongue:

There have been a lot of other great changes as well (my endurance, my overall feeling of fitness, the energy I have during the day,) but nothing quite so simple and obvious as the new definition in my calves.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    seeing results, feeling stronger, less stressed !
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Looking at my baby pecs, my manly arms, my disappearing stomach and my budding abs in the mirror.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Extra mayo.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    I try to remember that each day that I put it off/skip, that's one day additional from reaching my goal.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am looking good, feeling good, and I am a much happier mom. I am proud that I am setting such an awesome example for my daughters.