addicted to Starbucks

Options
Hey! My favorite treat every afternoon is starbucks. My friends or family and I go there every day and when you have a gold card you get free extra syrup and soy and every 15th drink free. We also get coupons in the mail. If anyone is a big fan of Starbucks can you give me some guilt free ideas please? Thanks...P.S. I LOVE FRAPUCCINOS!!

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a double tall, non fat, extra hot latte. I add one packet of steevia and sprinkle on some cinnamon. It is delicious!:drinker:
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I love the venti green tea latte, nonfat, 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup (no classic syrup), 140*, no foam. It is 270 calories, 48 g. carbs, 18 g. protein and 70% RDA of calcium...and of course high in antioxidants.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    they have that carmel 1/3 less calories frap that is great and also I used to just drink the black coffee with steamed soy milk and a couple packets of splenda. I never order anything more then a tall. They have those nutrition menus right at the counter in order to help you make better choices. If you want to induldge I recommend not drinking it all week and having a "friday treat," which you can get whatever you want.

Good Luck!
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey! My favorite treat every afternoon is starbucks. My friends or family and I go there every day and when you have a gold card you get free extra syrup and soy and every 15th drink free. We also get coupons in the mail. If anyone is a big fan of Starbucks can you give me some guilt free ideas please? Thanks...P.S. I LOVE FRAPUCCINOS!!

I over indulged on caramel frapuccinos in London as there are no Starbucks near me here. They are only delicious, Prob just as well there are none near me.
    X
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Gosh.. You guys must be rich.. I can't afford starbucks..
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I, too, have to have one latte a day! I started with a grande cinnamon dolce latte which is 330 calories. I now drink either a tall nonfat vanilla latte (150) or a tall nonfat cafe latte with a splenda (100). I cannot stand the sugar free syrups, but if you can drink them, a tall skinny vanilla latte is only 90 calories.

A tall light caramel frap is 130 calories if you like fraps
  • guitargirl53
    Options
    Yes..I'm trying to cut back:smile: that is my biggest indulgence every day and was surprised that when u say yes to a little whip it adds over a hundred calories and 8 or 9 grams of fat and my regular fraps were like four hundred plus calories for a grande(medium size)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I, too, have to have one latte a day! I started with a grande cinnamon dolce latte which is 330 calories. I now drink either a tall nonfat vanilla latte (150) or a tall nonfat cafe latte with a splenda (100). I cannot stand the sugar free syrups, but if you can drink them, a tall skinny vanilla latte is only 90 calories.

A tall light caramel frap is 130 calories if you like fraps

I tred those sknny fraps, and they are alright, just really bland! But it gets that "frappachino" fix you need, and if its not sweet enough you can just add some splenda in it
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I was somewhat addicted in the beginning of the summer when I took a summer class two nights a week (3 1/2 hours both nights). BUT what was great was for Administrative Professional's Day someone gave me a gift card, so that carried me through the six weeks.

I would get a grande non-fat, no foam latte with 2-3 splendas.

That's all I really get, but what good for me is I can just as easy make it at home.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Now that they custom make fraps, just have them make yours sugar free with skim or soy milk. That should cut out a good 100-200 calories.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    my FAVORITE is the mocha frappucino, light blend, 1/2 sweet......it's ridiculously low..like 100 calories for a tall or something.....if you can't handle the 1/2 sweet...go for the regular sweet, but just switch to the light blend...even if something tastes "off" at first....after only having it one way you definitely adjust....i couldnt go back to "full sweet" ever again....oh god..NEVER say yes to the whip..it is NOT worth it!!hahaha.....it's either that or cut cold turkey...you can't have it both ways...they dont make a low fat/low calorie one that tastes like the orignial so you have to decide...do you want starbucks slightly altered...or do you want get fat just drinking starbucks!!!hahaha..(because TRUST me, I know I could)
  • ecgravatt
    ecgravatt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a soy latte (don't drink milk) with an extra shot, but that is about 130 calories and is often too sweet so instead I opt for either a iced unsweetened green tea or an americano with a splash of soymilk (iced or hot). The soy is just enough to make it sweet and I feel like I'm satisfied without being totally deprived or totally detrimental to my daily intake.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lordy, I never knew there were so many diff things ya can get in Starbucks, all I even noticed on the menus were the Frappachinos:wink:
  • megilbert
    megilbert Posts: 8
    Options
    i too am on a starbucks kick....always once sometimes twice a day! my favorites are these :
    1. skinny vanilla hot lattes...grande is 130...venti is 160
    2. light frappucinos...caramel and mocha. If you like the taste of a milky way, then get a mocha light frap and ask for a couple pumps or sf caramel syrup....yum!!!!....grandes are 130 - 140 ( caramel is 130)
    3. regular coffee frap made with soy milk....tall is 170.....grande is 230
  • danadee
    danadee Posts: 49
    Options
    Have y'all heard of Shakeology? For what you spend everyday at Starbuck's, you can get something very similar that is WAY better for you.

Dana
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I treat myself once a week on Fridays for breakfast. (yay its Friday today!) I get a grande nonfat mocha frappucino light for only 140 calories. They don't use artificial sweeteners, just less of the syrup and sugar.
  • alexwalper
    Options
    I always get the Mocha Frappacino Light with caramel sauce.. The tall has 100 calories and the caramel only has 15 or so. It adds in the missing sweetness by going light :).
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the Starbucks addiction!! I'm a chai latte junkie, but when I found out how much fat/sugar/cals it had I stopped cold turkey. I miss it SO much, you have no idea. I miss the scones, and the cookies too.... *sigh*
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte or a skinny raspberry chai tea latte.
  • antiadipose
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the Starbucks addiction!! I'm a chai latte junkie, but when I found out how much fat/sugar/cals it had I stopped cold turkey. I miss it SO much, you have no idea. I miss the scones, and the cookies too.... *sigh*

ditto! if u look at the first couple of weeks of my diary on here.... its full of frappes and then it hit me... OMG I COULD EAT LIKE A SANDWICH INSTEAD!!!!

so now i order regular grande coffee with room. add fat free milk... one raw cane sugar or one splenda.... sprinkle some chocolate or cinnamon... and try and indulge.

i miss it =(

i cant believe in high school i used to get VENTI with like extra chocolate... my my my.... this was a DAILY thing.