Nutella, how bad is it ??

Options
hello
you can check out my diary and see what happened to me today,
which is that i raped the nutella jar and had 170 GRAMS of it, which is 900 kcal and 58g fat
of course i feel like crap and i wont touch it for a few weeks now,

but my question is, if a certain small amount of Nutella, lets say 20g, fits in all my macros, from fat , total & saturated, carbs whatever and in my calories, how bad would it be to have this certain amount once in 2-3 days, or daily?!
taking into consideration my other fats come from nuts, peanuts (raw, salt free), olive oil, avocados etc.
and carbs are brown rice, wholewheat pasta and bread & fruit.

thanks in advance everybody

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, whenever you want in moderation. So a serving of Nutella per day will be fine as long as it does fit into your calorie/nutrient goals.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, The phrase you are looking at is IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macro's).

I'll save the arguments, plenty on that, so I'll keep it simple...

It's not gonna wreck your progress if you have that every now and then, and it especially if it still fits in all your Macro's.

IMHO, a few little things like that help you to keep the rest of the diet clean...
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Bad real bad, i could eat a whole jar of the stuff it tastes so damn good. I dont buy it now because I know I dont have any willpower with that stuff.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I make my own peanut butter and add some dark chocolate chocolate chips. It's kind of like a nutella taste... and I eat a tablespoon every morning - usually on a banana, sometimes on toast. I've lost 38 pounds since October (even with a gain between Thanksgiving-New Years)--- so I'd say it's not hurting my weight loss at all. If you like it, it still fits into your calories/macros, and you can avoid eating the entire jar as soon as you have a tablespoon- I say go for it. Enjoy. :-)
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It's quite sugary, so not brilliant. I suppose that you would be better off eating the raw hazelnuts and some expensive dark chocolate or something. But that's not Nutella. Eat it if you want it. 900 cals isn't that bad. You've basically blown today and tomorrow's deficits but if the rest of the week is business as usual, you'll be fine.
  • dodgersprincess
    Options
    My brother stock pile the Generic verison in our Stock Pile Room. Of corase that man is my down fall stock piling crap. I woud say eat it in moderation. Of coarse I just leave it in the stock-pile room.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Basically what everyone else said. anything is ok in moderation, but once you start can you stop? I can't so I had to stop buying it. :sad:
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just last night Nutella was on America's Most Wanted. Definitely in the top 10 of bad. :p
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    it's not going to kill you
    but it does contain trans fats - the only fats you should avoid like plague (that beeing said I do eat nutella, because YUM)
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    its not bad, its really really good, as you well know!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, whenever you want in moderation. So a serving of Nutella per day will be fine as long as it does fit into your calorie/nutrient goals.

This. Except watch out, it sure is yummy. ;)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    It's SO darn good! !!

I eat it almost daily. On wheat toast with some PB. All about measuring & portion control. I think I don't go postal with it because I know I can have more tomorrow. Unless it's TOM. Then, well.... ALL bets are off.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You loose weight when on deficit...So if u had 900 cals of Nutella but u r still on calories deficit u will loose weight!
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm love nutella i used to be able to eat the whole tub too, although its not that bad for you and now when i buy a tub i make protien bars with it instead so i get the best of both worlds and i cant sit there and eat the tub ha x
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    its pretty bad for me, at least. I spread it like its ketchup... on EVERYTHING. Its funny how in my local grocery the nutella is right beside the bananas and on a top shelf above oranges. For the longest time I thought i was eating healthy :p
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This. Which is why when/if I buy it, I buy the little individual packs that come with crackers. It's one serving of it which kills my craving and I don't have to worry about having the willpower not to eat a whole jar. :) But, as long as you can eat it in small amounts, I'd say it's fine.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    in terms of weight loss it's fine if it fits your macros.

if you're concerned with eating "clean" or health is a number one priority, you can probably find something better.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    your 19 have a great body.. EAT the nutella!! its great for you..Im 44 i knock out Nutella almost daily a great muscle building fat melting food..if you work it into your plan:)
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    We Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Nutella! Last week I made Banana Cookie Whoopie Pies with Nutella Cream Cheese filling. Luckily I sent most of them to our Niece at school for finals week study materials. It is a stable in our house and we probably go through 3-4 containers a month. Just wait until you start baking with it!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    nutella is NEVER bad :)

with strawberries, for me, daily.