Dairy free, soy free

Is there a dairy free/soy free protein powder? I can 't do either and so have been adding peanut butter to my smoothies but would prefer a lower fat option sometimes. :) Thanks in advance for any answers.

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    hemp, pea, and brown rice protien powders are available. I order mine from true nutrition.

I use a blend of the three. Three tablespoons is about 100 calories and 20 grams protien.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Yup
    I use
    Hemp Pro70 (manitboa harvest)
    NutraSumma Pea
    Life Basics Chia/Hemp/Pea blend
    I think all of these have around 18-20g of protein.

I think SUn Warrior and Vega are also dairy/soy free.

FYI if you can't do Dairy or Soy (Daiya is a great soy free fake cheese)
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    They have hemp protein powders. You usually have to go to a whole foods/natural/organic type of store to find it-- or online. There are a lot of options. Also, you can try Garden of Life's protein powder-- it's a vegetarian and raw protein powder (so it contains live enzymes). It's not the best tasting, but it's a healthy non-dairy protein supplement.
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks! I hadn't thought of most of those suggestions, we don't have a health food store, but I will look on line for sure! :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    You can use raw meal or vegasport but tbh they are nasty imo...extremely chalky
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    avoid nutiva 'hemp shake'... the only powder i couldn't finish a container of in my life.

i like pea and rice based protein powders, personally. hemp has too strong of a specific taste (although i haven't tried every brand).
  • lizpayne18
    lizpayne18 Posts: 1
    I would recommend Arbonne's protein & other "fit essentials". Their protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) is dairy, gluten, & soy free. It's a vegan protein of brown rice, pea, & cranberry and one serving (2 scoops) is 20g of protein with 160 calories, which leaves room for you to add a banana or peanut butter without running into a high calorie meal. Email me lizpayne@myarbonne.com if you want a discount :) website is : http://lizpayne.myarbonne.com/ & its only sold online!
  • aubry87
    aubry87 Posts: 34 Member
    A little late here but Growing Naturals Brown Rice Protein powder is great & not chalky. I normally put a scoop of that, almond milk & frozen bananas in a blender and enjoy. I like the chocolate one, it satisfies my sweet tooth!