Curious: why add friends?

Options

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    There's sooo many things I use my friends for... Most of the time they like it too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Mfp friends are the main reason I am losing weight successfully! Being accountable to others is major motivation plus having a great group of friends who interact and have chit chat makes it fun :)
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    MFP was hella boring before i made friends. also, my diary is open and i know they're looking, and i work better and stay honest with an audience. :)
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    It makes it fun! You can motivate people and help them reach their goal and they return the favor and give you additional support.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have very few friends on here, just work friends and we talk smack. That's about it.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    For the sex.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    where else would i send my nudes?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Because people are awesome thats why.

Why do anything alone when you don't have to?
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    For advice, community, support, etc.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pff, you don't deliver.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    That's how I felt at first too, why do I need to add friends, a bunch of people I don't really know? But then I had a few people add me, i accepted, and added some friends myself - and it's been awesome! One of my favorite things about MFP has been the motivation and support given and received through my friends list, seeing progress, swapping exercise tips, food ideas, help with struggles, encouragement, and just general fun!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    OMG - I've wondered the same thing, LOL
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on how you define friend, and what a friend in general means for you. Friends to me are people I laugh with, cry with, joke with, cheer on (and be cheered), support unconditionally, and lay claim to a little piece of who I am. For others, they may only want friends who talk about fitness stuff only, and have no real personal connection with...and that's fine, if that's all you want here. I just don't personally see it that way. To me, those are only acquaintances.

btw, to all my friends...if I haven't told you lately...You are Magnificent, and you make my world a better place :heart:

I LOVE YOU MY DEAR SWEET FRIEND!!! XOXOXO :heart:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Pff, you don't deliver.

You don't get them daily like I do?

SUCKS TO BE YOU!
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I like reading peoples food diary's.
    I call this a nosey streak! Plus it's good to chat with like minded people and provide/receive motivation..
    I prefer quality over quantity.
    Not worried about eye candy, I have that at home :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    My friends are my play things. I use them and then keep them locked in my basement.
  • baileyspaww
    Options
    To encourage and support each other and to make sarcastic comments on their posts like only a close friend or family can. lol! Makes it fun :-)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Pff, you don't deliver.

Maybe not to you.......
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Why do you add friends on facebook? Its nice to have others comment when you lose another # or had a great workout... or if you're feeling discouraged and post a status, it's nice having people there to encourage you. Weight loss is hard - its easier when you realize you're not alone.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My friends are my play things. I use them and then keep them locked in my basement.

BTW.... my litter needs changing.