Trader Joes Essentials

Options
I have recently started shopping at Trader Joes and I love it! Any items that should definitely be in my cart to help with MFP goals? Thanks!

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I miss Trader Joe's so much. o: When I lived near one, I would always go for the hummus and dates. Dates are a little calorie dense, but are full of good nutrients and fiber to help you stay full.

There were other things I'd go for, but let's just say that they weren't as MFP friendly. Hello, chocolate covered potato chips.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    wife just went for some stuff for allergenic son and I just asked for a boatload of chocolate.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I love to get their sale items in vegetables. I buy what I can that will fit into my budget. They give things they can't sell to a local food pantry and I admire that, so I try to give them as much business as possible. So lets see this week I bought: Almond meal, frozen organic spinach, artichokes fresh, I also at times by their 100 calorie dark chocolate bars.
  • shellbatronic
    shellbatronic Posts: 193
    Options
    I do almost all my shopping there- here are my "regulars":

-7Grain Sprouted Bread- it's pretty much the only bread I eat, high in protein and fiber
    -Uncured turkey bacon- excellent protein source
    -Greek Yogurt (I use it a lot, the TJs brand has a good taste and is a bit cheaper)
    -Tomato Basil Marinara sauce- I always have one on hand, great with pasta for a quick meal, I also pour a little on sauteed broccoli slaw or brussel sprouts
    -Tri-Color quinoa
    -Frozen tilapia
    -10 minute barley

A really great dessert treat is in the frozen section, called "Gone Bananas" I think. It's just slices of banana covered in a tiny bit of chocolate. You can pull one out at a time and just get a little bite of something sweet, they have a lot of bang for the buck I think.

Edited to add that if you can score it, the TJs Raw Almond Butter is super good, no added anythings, and is way, way cheaper than other almond butters. It seems to come around only once in a while here though, so I stock up.
  • Wienerbua
    Wienerbua Posts: 19
    Options
    Wild Alaskan cod pieces, canned Sockeye salmon, Organic Coconut Oil, shredded green cabbage (great for making sauerkraut), 85% dark chocolate lovers chocolate.
  • RickInHouston
    RickInHouston Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Omega Trail Mix (is good for the heart!)
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I just got regular balsamic vinaigrette (I cant eat enough)
    Mini beef tacos
    Mini chicken tamales(trying them for lunch)
    Sweetcorn and chile tamales
    lots of veggies
    Chia seed flour tortillas- to try
    Organic chicken
    breakfast trek mix-oh so yummy

Everyone here was raving about their ketchup so I got that too.
    I also noticed some macarons in the freezer section so I got those as well.
  • vabelle86
    vabelle86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (can't beat the price)
    Trader Joe's full fat greek yogurt
    Kerry gold butter
    avocados ( great price and they aren't already mushy like the ones everywhere else i shop)
    nitrate free bacon
    cheese
    wine
  • bktrini
    bktrini Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use this list to shop. I've tried just about everything and loved everything!!

http://danicasdaily.com/trader-joes-grocery-list
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Jus had those little tamales for lunch MMMmmmmmmm.......
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the hummus, I love the white bean hummus they have.