Help! I need to beat bloat

Options
What are your tips for last minute slim-downs? I am not looking to crash diet, just to beat bloat before an event this weekend. Any suggestions on how you look your best for an event would be much appreciated!

Replies

• HannahSusan2
    HannahSusan2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I avoid sodas, carbs, and artificial sweeteners. I also avoid habits that cause the body to swallow excess air — like chewing gum, drinking through a straw, smoking, and talking while eating. You could also try light exercise? I've heard that helps.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I started drinking dandelion root tea and it REALLY helps!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Take a shot of apple cider vinegar 3x per day
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Lower carbs, sodium, soda, veggies that cause gas,drink water.
  • bakergirl178
    Options
    I avoid sodas, carbs, and artificial sweeteners. I also avoid habits that cause the body to swallow excess air — like chewing gum, drinking through a straw, smoking, and talking while eating. You could also try light exercise? I've heard that helps.

yes to all of the above! personally, i like to go to starbucks and get a huge green tea with very little sweetener- green tea acts as an antioxidant to flush out toxins, and a diuretic to help your body expel any extra water bloat. i'll try to drink huge bottles of water to seriously just get out all the water and excess liquids your body is holding on to. also, i try to do some sort of cardio workout for at least 30 mins to make me REALLY sweat, since sweat can help lose some extra water swelling as well! just make sure to rehydrate afterwards. eat lots of fiber-y fruits and veggies, nothing that can cause gas or anything oily, heavy or hard to digest. you know your body best so just try to remember all the things you know are easily digestible. trader joe's sells these probiotic pills that can help with a detox if you'd be interested in that, i know that detoxing the intestines can lead to decreased bloating and a better overall sense of health so i'd recommend that too! (:
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would say go high fiber low carb for the week. When I have an event coming up especially if it's a busy week I will do shake meal replacement That I base off of the pink method. Morning shake is 1 scoop of whey protein powder, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and a cup of berries. Lean protein lots of veggies. No fruits. You can't work out at all and I mean at all doing this, but you will lose very fast. It does work. You can't do this for very long it really sucks serious butt! If it's just for a few days you can do it. You will be so sick of raw veggies I have done it when I went on pink last year and I did it for 2 weeks and lost 9 lbs. I hated it so bad by the end of it I haven't tried it again for more than a few days!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Definitely artificial sweeteners of any kind!

I also do the dandelion tea it works pretty good. Asparagus is a natural diuretic, as is watermelon.

Stay away from fiberous foods, like broccoli or beans.

Lots of water (fresh lemon in it helps), no soda or carbonated drinks, whole foods like lean meats, fruits, and veggies.

I also stay away from daily for 5-7 days as it tends to bloat me too.

I also don't lift heavy for 5-7 days beforehand. I do light circuit training and cardio only. I retain water when I do heavy weights. It is actually a good week to do a deload.
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    Take a shot of apple cider vinegar 3x per day

I haven't heard this one. How much do you take? Mixed with water?
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

^This! You'll pee like a pirate, but it does help get rid of bloat fast. I'll also add green tea as well.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

^This! You'll pee like a pirate, but it does help get rid of bloat fast. I'll also add green tea as well.

And I also drink hot green tea like its water lol
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Green tea, no gum, and tons of water work for me. Also a lower carb diet a few days before can help too, especially any processed foods.