Curious: why add friends?

Options
1235»

Replies

• chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I don't know either but watching other people's progress motivates me a little. Plus my timeline would be boring.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    add me im the cooliest
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My friends help me stay accountable. I'm sure by now without my MFP pals, I would've called it quits, or have "started over" a billion times or so it seems. But I've been consistent on MFP since I began in January and it's partly attributed to my pals. My diary is open to my friends, so it makes me think twice about what I'm going to eat, because I know they're checking it to see what my day was like. All my pals are great. Some are less active than others, but I don't have one complaint about any of them.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    For some eye candy.

Oh yeah, and motivation, support, and camaraderie.

Dibs on being eye candy!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When everyone else is bored of hearing of your weight loss/fitness the friends on here will still listen and be there for you.

Also, flirting is good
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    For some eye candy.

Oh yeah, and motivation, support, and camaraderie.

Dibs on being eye candy!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    It is what you make it, really... It is social media but with mostly like minded people. Agreed, definitely not the drama you find on FB, although my FB is a drama free zone too...

I've made some awesome friends through MFP and have gained knowledge and wisdom through their shared experiences. I'm cheered on daily and it's a big motivator. Yes, sometimes it's time consuming when you want to cheer your friends on, but to me, it's so worth the time and effort spent... I read where someone posted it was a lot of whining and bragging and they didn't like feeling obligated to support others... I don't feel that way at all and I'm sorry they are missing the point to all this, perhaps there is a better site to participate on for those that feel that way.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do!
  • melsbels1986
    melsbels1986 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for much for all your replies. I would love to add friends. :)
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for much for all your replies. I would love to add friends. :)

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Friends.
    For me, like to have some , only 1 right now, that have some type of interest/s in common.
    Besides that a good sense of humor and send a message at least a few times a week.
    Some people are on a whole different level than me, exercise wise.
    And completely different goals.
    Like to stay with friends that are somewhat in my goal range.
    It's also informational to have food diaries to read, too see what others are eating, gives you ideas for your own days planning of meals.