Shakeology vs Herbalife....Ready, Set, Go!

Options
Opinions?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    They are both a waste of money. They provide no use if you eat from natural protein sources. Why not make your own protein shake if you want a shake? I don't see the point of paying so much for something that you can eat naturally. Are you going to continue to pay for them for years? I would put that money into buying the right foods and educate yourself on how to lose naturally with a calorie deficit. It's easier than you think and you don't have to drink your meals.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Opinions?

Before:

tumblr_mk51e4anyD1s06knko1_500.jpg

After:

tumblr_m2nol9To1F1r86soro1_500.jpg
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Neither... Both are for people who are too lazy to learn about nutrition... :x
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Throwing money out the window vs Setting money on fire...Ready, Set, Go!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Neither. Dont waste your money. Just eat healthy
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Just don't...
  • thomas127
    thomas127 Posts: 32
    Options
    buy some whey
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Neither, just make your own shake with fresh fruit, yogurt, nuts, fiber buds, whey protein. whatever you want in your shake. hell I add peanut butter when I want a PB&J shake.

One of my coworkers is on Herbal life, she has lost no weight, no inches...and she still continues to push forward claiming it just takes time to take effect. Meanwhile, I have been making my own shake concoctions and I have lost 13 lbs and 3 inches off my waist....in 4 months.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    What I find most interesting about these threads, and there are many of them, is that people get really judgmental about what they consider a "waste" of money.

There's nothing particularly wrong with these products. They're just a convenience. My value for convenience doesn't happen to be high enough for this type of product to justify their use, but the vitriol that gets splattered about the boards is interesting.

"too lazy to learn about nutrition" as someone else said. Ooorrr...someone has the resources to pay for a convenience.

"Setting money on fire." As far as I'm concerned, drinking alcohol is setting money on fire. I still do it b/c I enjoy the entertainment.

Bottom line: You can do just as well by putting in the effort to cook your own food. If you don't want to do that, then knock yourself out. If you have the resources to spend, there's nothing particularly wrong with it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I believe shakeology has much better ingredients in it. I used it for 2 months and it helped me get over my cravings.
  • AMorganNJ
    AMorganNJ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Sun Warrior Protein powder. But I don't rely on shakes for tons of my meals, maybe once or twice a week, after a hard workout especially. Also, Green Vibrance is a great add in!
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    BOTH!

I combine the two and drink the combo for b'fast, lunch and dinner. I never eat solid food and I never workout. And just look at the results i've gotten!!!

:noway:
    In all seriousness, if either one of them works for you then more power to you! To each his/her own :drinker:
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What I find most interesting about these threads, and there are many of them, is that people get really judgmental about what they consider a "waste" of money.

There's nothing particularly wrong with these products. They're just a convenience. My value for convenience doesn't happen to be high enough for this type of product to justify their use, but the vitriol that gets splattered about the boards is interesting.

"too lazy to learn about nutrition" as someone else said. Ooorrr...someone has the resources to pay for a convenience.

"Setting money on fire." As far as I'm concerned, drinking alcohol is setting money on fire. I still do it b/c I enjoy the entertainment.

Bottom line: You can do just as well by putting in the effort to cook your own food. If you don't want to do that, then knock yourself out. If you have the resources to spend, there's nothing particularly wrong with it.

Could not have said it better!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Please eat real food
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options

that was a refreshing dose of logic. But when it comes to the "cleanses" or "detox" products. That logic is out the window, snake oil !!!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Opinions?

Oh no... this is not going to go well.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just to echo the sentiment of the above posters, I agree that they are expensive and real food is better. However, sometimes it is nice to have a shake on the go and, yes, they will help you control your calories. What everyone is really trying to say is these shakes will not help you develop healthy eating habits. I did lose 15 lbs on Herbalife and it is one of the few shakes that did not bother my stomach. I actually really liked them and would still use them on occasion (not twice a day) if I could afford it. It had a better nutrient content than just about anything else I'm willing to eat on the go. That said, I gained the weight right back when I stopped drinking them and they aren't sustainable. I've heard Shakeology is more natural but I can't really vouch for it. I know that I did get results with Herbalife. It was simple calorie restriction but it did the trick.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options

Very well said
  • Alicia92860
    Alicia92860 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people who have benefited from Herbalife. Myself included. I am never sick common colds and flus do not hit me and I work with sick people everyday. Yes it can be expensive but I do like it. I'm not starving on it and I have seen results on myself and my family and friends.