NSV...Best Day Of My Life

Options
amanda6564
amanda6564 Posts: 27 Member
Today marks the best day of my life. I not only reached 93 pounds lost, but I proved my cardiologist wrong. If you are friends with me you have probably read my health problem blog, but you haven't then here is one part of my story. Two years ago my cardiologist informed me that I have a terrible irregular heart beat and that the walls of my heart had thickened at the age of 22. Also letting me know that open heart surgery was in my near future and that I would not ne able to do more than a quick pace walk ever again due to heart problems. Today is the day that I proved my cardiologist wrong.

I jogged 5 minutes on the treadmill non-stop. I know to some this is a short distance, but to me this is a victory. (I haven't jogged since I was 21) So 2 years after my cardiologist told me the news I have proved him wrong. I can't wait to be able to jog a mile or 2 miles or 3 miles. The possibilities are endless. I am overjoyed!

Replies

• squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your victories! Not only the weight that you have lost, but on being able to accomplish the running that your doctor initially said you couldn't. That's what I call a win for both body and soul!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this. You're an inspiration. :)
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The possibilities ARE indeed endless! <3 Congrats, congrats, and congrats again. Keep going!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to take control of your life and health!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I finished the Couch to 5k program in February, so I know exactly what an accomplishment this is. Way to go!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was supposed to end up in a wheelchair. Yet here I am on treadmills & ellipticals, hiking, swimming, walking on beaches, carrying a pregnancy to term, going on farm field trips, and climbing rocks and whatnot. YOU make your future, no one else. Just Y-O-U, and you seem to be off to a great start. Congratulations.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the great work!! *Thumbs up!!*
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    GREAT job Amanda!!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep up the great work & I am sure you'll be there in no time.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    now, THIS is a success story!!!! That is AWESOME! I'm soooo happy for you!
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yours is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing and best of luck!
  • Tifla122
    Tifla122 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome that you didn't listen to someone else telling what you can and cannot do! Can't wait to see what's in store for you in the future!
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Amanda!! You are truly an inspiration. :flowerforyou:

You'll have to buy a t-shirt and some running shorts (notice I didn't say a jogging suit - you'll want to show off your figure!)
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on sticking to your guns and what a wonderful thing to be able to do!:drinker: :heart:
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you!!:bigsmile:
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats! thats awesome! And way longer than i can jog so far!!!

on another note, not trying to be negative, but did the doctor say not to do it because then it could cause more problems, or that you couldn't because weight and heart problems?

Thats still very great tho!!! and So much weight lost!
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congratulations! You are very inspirational! Keep it up!
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I loved this post! I have family members with heart issues, and this makes me hopeful for them:)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That is a huge victory!! Please do the running as safely as possible because I want to see you being able to run well into your 90s. Do you use a heart rate monitor?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!