fitbit...

Options
which model is best hidden?

i work in the service industry, and i don't want the public knowing i am tracking my freaking calories!

the flex? could i wear the flex wristband and hide it under/with some nice bracelets? or is it always obvious?
the one? can i really clip it under my clothes and not have people notice it? i wear a lot of black, could it hide well?

any other opinions? brands? all i am trying to do is get a better picture of my TDEE.

I really didn't want to have to spend that kind of money, but i read some threads here recently,
and realized that my TDEE really needs more fine tuning.

thanks!

Replies

• nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have one of the ones that's a little clip - I think it's called the one or the original fit bit. It is pretty easy to hide by clipping it to your bra strap or the inside of your bra cup. No one can tell I'm wearing it unless I want to check my tdee or steps and I have to go digging around in my shirt to get it out, lol.
  • leelu137
    leelu137 Posts: 46
    Options
    Get fit bit one. It can o on you bra or on your pants. Very small and easy to conceal
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've got the One, it's tiny and you wear it so the biggest bit is hidden in your pocket. No one has ever noticed it while I've been wearing it unless I've pulled it out to check.
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have heard very few good things about Flex. Just a warning :)
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have it too - it's perfect. No one can see it, so your secret is safe :)
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I ordered the One. It should be here Wednesday. I can't wait to start using it.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the flex, yes people do see it, but think its just a rubber bracelet. I have yet had someone say oh you have a fitbit flex. if they do so what. not sure why you have to hide the fact. but people that have the fitbit one seem to lose thiers alot or throw it in the wash, mines always on my wrist unless im charging it.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra. It clips in my pocket and I love it. It is easily hidden and keeps me motivated to keep moving. I, like you, am hesitant to wear anything noticeable. I don't think the Ultra is available any more as it's been replaced with a newer model. My only complaint is it's not truly wireless as advertised.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have the flex, yes people do see it, but think its just a rubber bracelet. I have yet had someone say oh you have a fitbit flex. if they do so what. not sure why you have to hide the fact. but people that have the fitbit one seem to lose thiers alot or throw it in the wash, mines always on my wrist unless im charging it.

This^^^

I forget i have it on sometimes.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one, I wear it on my bra, right between the girls. :wink: No one will notice.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and wear it on my bra. No one can tell it's there.
  • southerntoni
    southerntoni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and I clip it on my pants pocket or waistband. My shirt always covers it, and no one has ever seemed to notice it. But I have almost put it in the washer a time or two.
  • tracysharpmack
    tracysharpmack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just got a Jawbone Up (black one) for Mothers Day. So far I love it. The sleep tracker is way cool.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the older Ultra which is most similar in shape to the One. It just hides in between the cups of my bra and unless I'm wearing a sports bra no one can tell I have it on.

I think the Flex would be pretty noticeable - or is it not as huge as it looks? It doesn't look to me like it would blend well with anything. :ohwell:
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one, I wear it on my bra, right between the girls. :wink: No one will notice.

Ditto! :)
  • whirlybirdknits
    whirlybirdknits Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a one, and with the black rubber casing it's very discreet. I clip it to my pants pocket, and no one has said a word to me about it. Several other people have commented on clipping it to their bras - you can do that very easily. (I don't because I like to check it throughout the day, and I can't scramble in my shirt front!) The zip comes in neon colors, which was a bit off-putting to me. It's personal preference, really, and very few people are going to notice it, whichever one you go with.
  • soulshine23
    soulshine23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for everyone's input... :)

i will probably end up with the clip on, not the bracelet. looking at a lot of google images of the bracelet, it just looks too much like a calorie counter for my personal use. i looked at other bracelet-style brands, and its the same thing... just is too obvious for me and my job. i'd like to keep it on most of the time to let it do its job- especially at work! so in this manner it has to be hidden.

i have been hesitant to spend $100 (which for me, right now, is a lot of money) on a "thing" to help me eat and maintain a healthy lifestyle- my goal has been to make choices that are whole-foods based, and be active- not have to spend a lot of money on "systems", items, special supplements and gimmicks... so, the fitbit is a departure to that. however. the plusses to having one are very attractive to me right now... i don't want to lose ground on progress i have made- it is SO hard to lose weight and maintain it!! i feel like i have gained and lost the same 20lbs for the past 10 years. ugh.

one more thing, my family has a whole array of food and eating issues and disorders- i worry that the fitbit may play into the temptation to be too "involved", if you know what i mean. do i really need this thing? is it healthy (mentally)? i guess its how you choose to use it, i just don't want ot become obsessive about steps, calories, etc.

thanks very much, again!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just got the One and love it! Very easy to hide.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have heard very few good things about Flex. Just a warning :)

This. I was super excited about Flex and was stalking Amazon to read reviews and was really disappointed to see that so many people said they'd be going back to The One because of issues with Flex.
  • skinnygrlerica
    skinnygrlerica Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Same here. I have noticed it gets uh... a tad sweaty after I spend some time at the gym. Although I have had issues with ME seeing it while wearing lower cut shirts.

I don't ever lose it and nor does it ever go into the wash since its not on my pants or in my pocket.

I don't know if it can accurately measure your TDEE though. The calorie burn on a Fitbit is very estimated. Or at least that's what I've always read and thought.

Good luck! And don't be ashamed of trying to pay more attention to your fitness and activity level. Having a Fitbit is a very eye opening experience since it really does show how inactive you are. Crazy...