Did anyone start 30 Day Shred Today? (Monday, 4/22/13)

Options

Replies

• worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Let us know how level 3 goes!

I'll let you know! I watched it last night and some of the exercises are interesting. Glad I will have no one watching me do them! I am worried about one thing. There seems to be a lot of jumping in Level 3. I live in a second floor apartment. Um? Please don't get mad at me neighbors! (I will have to make sure I get it done early enough in the evening that hopefully they won't complain!)
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Let us know how level 3 goes!

I'll let you know! I watched it last night and some of the exercises are interesting. Glad I will have no one watching me do them! I am worried about one thing. There seems to be a lot of jumping in Level 3. I live in a second floor apartment. Um? Please don't get mad at me neighbors! (I will have to make sure I get it done early enough in the evening that hopefully they won't complain!)

I start level 3 tomorrow (14th) and could have written your post - I too had a quick flick through level 3 to become familiar with the different moves and am worried about noise but as long as you're not doing it late then they can't fuss about it! Onwards and upwards!

Nyk
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    Level 3 report:

Abb moves aren't that bad and I can actually do a sit up. (provided I use my arms to help me up!)

Cardio and strength? YIKES!!!!! The second circuit has you do familiar cardio moves (punches, but kicks, and jumping jacks) BUT you do it with weights! By the time I got to jumping jacks (you stop your arms at your shoulders) my hands were sweating so much, I though I was going to send the weights flying! I know the same will happen with this level with that was with level 2. Once I learn the moves better I know I will be able to get all the way through without resting.
  • rosiesmall1
    rosiesmall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I started today, was tough!! Expected it she's a mean lady lol :) Did a 4km walk after so not too stiff yet...i say yet...
  • jacquelineg7
    jacquelineg7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I re-started 30 Day Shred today because I got a HRM for Mother's Day! I have been counting Level 1 as 200 calories burned but today I only burned 115 calories using the HRM. I am just happy I have a more accurate measure of my calories burned! We will see how it goes! Good Luck!
  • Nyksta
    Options
    In too late and still sick (been like this on and off a week and a half!) so no level 3 for me yet... hopefully tomorrow...
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Like level 3 MUCH better than level 2! Enjoy all the moves apart from 1. taking the weights to the floor in a squat - I feel off balance and like it is compromising me doing the squat properly and 2. jumping from the squats but that wasn't that bad.

There is a lot of jumping at the end - I think because you go so high the landing is harder so I do feel a bit from the neighbors but it's tough cookies lmao

Sit ups felt GREAT to do and my abs can deffo feel it now lol

Nyk x
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    Those on Level 3 (if anyone else has gotten there yet! I"m not taking any breaks between the days, and I guess some of you are?) - Is anyone else struggling with supermans??? I am NOT that flexible enough to bend myself that way. I feel like I am barely getting my knees off the ground and forget getting the chest off the ground, I just can't bend myself backwards like that! (I also feel really silly doing them!)

For those that are not to Level 3 yet, if you don't have a mat you do your work out on, I would recommend it for this level! I don't have one as I do it in my carpeted living room and though I would be fine. Well on Level 3, especially when doing supermans, it's the first time I wish I had one! Some of the moves I am doing faceplants into my carpet (supermans) and some moves (the walking planks) I feel like my elbows are getting carpet burn almost every night.
  • Nyksta
    Options
    I'm fine with the supermans but I'm an ex-gymnast and these were pretty ordinary stuff back then lol :D

However, i totally get you on the carpet burn situation on the elbows - the side planks at the end did if for me on day 2. I don't know what to suggest - I may use a soft pillow under my elbows next tomorrow....
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    Im thinking of using a blanket in place of mat. I have to check out prices of them next week when I get paid and see if I can afford one.
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    Tonight I dd my workout using my blanket. (seeing how I had it out already as I was wrapped in it being cold) It made a HUGE difference on my elbows! Definitely going to keep doing that until I can get a mat!
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Glad it helped - I keep forgetting until I'm into the workout and then just tough it out lol

How are finding level 3?

The last strength moves kill me - the moving push ups and arm/leg plank (and I do it without weights!). Was pleased to see how much I was sweating from the workout though.

I'm planning on having a few weeks off after completing, buying some weights and starting the whole thing again with fairly decent size weights...

Nyk
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    Only three more days to go and I am done! I am starting to notice a difference. And I don't care if she does say you should be starting to see a 6 pack form, I'm not! I'm just working on getting it flat! (and it's working!) I've realized the last two nights how much easier the push ups are and that I'm actually doing them! Grant it, I am still on my knees, but I"m doing them! I might see if in the next couple of days I can do a full on military style push up!
  • jennypenny24
    jennypenny24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on april 15, 2013 and today was my last day. I lost 9.3 pounds total. I went from 218.2 to 208.9 I added turbo jam into my routine as well. I hope everyone has great results.
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started today 5/19/13. And 135 squats.
  • Nyksta
    Options
    CMWinner I can do one set of full push ups followed by one set of the planks things but then the next set I buckle lol. Considering I couldn't do ANY pushups in level 1 I think I'm getting there! I love the feeling of push ups - like I'm super strong/fit lmfao.... just doesn't last long enough :D
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    Ended up not getting my workout in tonight. :( I started doing it and was feeling lightheaded and had to stop. The same thing happened one day last week but I figured that to be because I hadn't eaten supper. Well I did eat supper tonight and was still feeling light headed doing it. :( Not good.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this tape. I guess it's good because of all the hype....what equipment do you need for this? TIA
  • josarahm
    josarahm Posts: 48
    Options
    I started last Monday and only did 1 day! I can't do the darn jumping jacks! Does anyone else struggle?

I cannot do them either. Kills my knees!
  • worldsbestauntie
    Options
    I've been wondering about this tape. I guess it's good because of all the hype....what equipment do you need for this? TIA

Hand weights and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface. I don't have a mat so I use blanket folded up. I know some people don't have hand weights, so they use other things like cans. I started with 2.5 lbs weights, but moved up to 5 lb weights now (for most things anyway!)