Meal Replacement Shake

Options
Beata375
Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
Hi ~ I was wondering if you guys could help me ~ what are some nutrionally "solid" meal replacement shakes that are out there (that actually taste good). I'm trying to get my husband to switch from the crappy one he currently drinks ~ thanks for any input :)

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    muscle milk evolve

gnc lean 25

jillian pure protein
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love Total Soy. I prefer the vanilla flavor, chocolate didn't taste right to me.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Lean 25 to get in extra protein.

ETA - Usually, I just make it with almond milk if I am at work. If I am home, I make it with ice, almond milk and a banana. Much better that way. I get the French Vanilla.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    protein powder of choice
    greek yogurt
    flax/chai seeds
    fruit of choice (if you freeze the fruit it's even better)
    squeeze honey if necessary (depend on fruit of choice and how sweet you like the shakes)
    blender.

if you want store ready made ones.. i'd go with none... eat real food.
  • KLSG23
    KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started out with Target's Market Pantry Whey Protein. I went with vanilla b/c I could doctor it up anyway I wanted. It was very good tasting and low carb, low sugar too.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I started out with Target's Market Pantry Whey Protein. I went with vanilla b/c I could doctor it up anyway I wanted. It was very good tasting and low carb, low sugar too.
    That's what I use.. it has more protein in it with less calories then a lot of the other ones..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that a protein powder shake would give you the nutrients you're missing by skipping a meal.
  • KindredSpirit89
    Options
    I have complan which is quite good for nutrients and is used as a sort of medical replacement to food rather than for weight loss.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    if you like green shakes, I have had absolutely amazing results in the past with Ultimate Meal. I'm not sure if I was ever healthier, both in look and feel. I would use a serving of UM with a piece of fruit (pear being my favorite) and some soaked groats to make it extra filling. Seriously, my skin glowed, my weight was dead on, and I felt great.

However, right now I'm doing chocolate flavors because green and me don't always get along (purely psychological, i like my chocolate shakes). I currently use Metabolic Reset which has fiber that makes it filling, but as soon as I run out I'm going to just start making my own with oats, pb2, and some other healthy ingredients.
  • Beata375
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! Shakeology is not an option (I've gotten several emails in regards to
    It) & adding things isn't really an option unfortunately- as my husband needs a "ready mix" replacement meal (that I'm trying to find that is as healthy & not packed with fake crap) that he can mix quickly & on the go. Thanks for the input!
  • Beata375
    Options
    I can't imagine that a protein powder shake would give you the nutrients you're missing by skipping a meal.

Nope- my question was what the healthiest meal replacement shake people use --- as my husbands job doesn't always allow for him to eat a "real" meal- let alone 3.
  • prettyrikky
    prettyrikky Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been using Vi-Shakes as my meal replacements, so far so good!!! I'm on my 90 day challenge with Body by Vi.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Meal replacement shakes aren't meals. Basically consuming nutrients this way is liquid dieting and temporarily helps to lose weight. Why temporarily? Because when one goes back to eating whole food, weight is easily regained.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tlink67
    tlink67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! Shakeology is not an option (I've gotten several emails in regards to
    It) & adding things isn't really an option unfortunately- as my husband needs a "ready mix" replacement meal (that I'm trying to find that is as healthy & not packed with fake crap) that he can mix quickly & on the go. Thanks for the input!

Look up "rockin wellness. I use this.
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like EatSmart by Isatori
  • Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just tried for the first time GNC Pro Performance Lean Muscle Meal - Chocolate it is for those mornings after my work out that I just don't have the time to prepare my breakfast. It was pretty tasty. i have never really been a shake person but I am finding on some mornings I can't make eat breakfast until 9-930, after finishing my work out at 645, have to shower, dress, get both kids up and ready for school and then commute to work.

Its not an every day thing but it has the following qualities which I thought with a well balanced rest of the day can't hurt.

40 Grams of High-Quality Protein
    Only 260 Calories with only 2 grams of sugar
    8 Grams of Fiber
    26 Essential Vitamins & Minerals