can someone check my diary

Not sure if I am doing this right. Yes the wine should not be there but I do and I enjoy it. I am sort of estimating the calories burned. I did the p90x arms and shoulders today but only entered 300 but they say 600. I do it every other day. I normally would do running on the treadmill and incline and it says I burn 600 but I only enter 500 or even 450. I also golf nine holes and estimate like 200. Any ways very active. I have been given 1300 calories and try and eat back what I burn. Am I doing this correctly or am I not eating enough.

Replies

• KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Your diary actually looks pretty good to me. You're eating very close to your allowed calories. It could be that you're underestimating your exercise calories. Let's say, like your P90x workout. If you really did burn 600 calories and you only put 300 down, you're technically not eating 300 of your needed calories. Try researching your exercise calories better so that you can be closer to accurate when you log it in. That way you won't miss all those cals you should be eating back. If you add up all those calories you may be estimating wrong then you could end up actually not eating enough.
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    The only thing I noticed it you frequently don't drink enough liquid and you are often over your sodium allotment. Both can contribute to water retention and slow weight loss.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    One thing that stuck out to me, in addition to the other things mentioned.. the london broil.... how did you cook it? Those calories are for a 10 ounce serving of RAW london broil.. did you eat it raw? How did you prepare it? you need to add in calories/sodium, etc for every thing you added to it. a dash of salt, butter, any marinade or spices... think about that. That could also be the reason if you are having stalled weight loss. Remember if you put it in your mouth, it counts! Vitamins, mints, gum included!

Good luck!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Yes, try to get your exercise calories sorted out. If there's no way you can afford a heart rate monitor right now, there are a number of online calculators that will help you figure out your burn. They will differ some, so you might end up taking an average, but it will probably be closer to accurate than just guessing. You also might want to check to see if 1300 is enough--go here and see whether it's reasonable for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

As far as your diary, you could add more fresh fruit and veggies (but hey, so could I). Like, add a spinach salad or some baby carrots to your lunch, a baked sweet potato as side for your burger or wings for dinner. I can't help noticing that your margarine actually has more calories than real butter--if you get butter from grass-fed cows (like Kerrygold), you add some nice nutrients there.

Also, quick add calories suck. They mess up your macros and micros for the day--I don't use them at all. If you can't find the exact item you ate, either add it or find something close. The database is huge--there will be something comparable. And make sure you're logging everything--there's one day where the only thing logged for lunch is Thousand Island Dressing.

Best of luck!
  • ArubaJane
    ArubaJane Posts: 62 Member
    barbecued the London broil no salt no nothing no sauce and only ate half! Yes I only put half of the calories on the treadmill since someone here said that it was set for 150 pound person. So I deduct some. I got what they gave me which was really 1200 but I am fairly active so added some. I will try and getmore accurate count of exercise calories.