Best food/remedies for upset stomach after splurge day?

Options
caviggia
caviggia Posts: 63 Member
Since I have been set on dropping my last few pounds, I have been eating cleaner, healthier food and keeping my indulgences (wine, chips) in moderation. Now when I have a "free day" my stomach will sometimes be upset the next morning/early afternoon. Not terribly upset, but a little off like my stomach is saying "what the hell did you do to me" lol.

What are the best foods to help your system find balance the next day and help ease your tummy? Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• MrsGlamour
    MrsGlamour Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bananas- Has pectin, helps firm your bowl movements
    White food- Rice, potatoes, toast- they absorb fluids in your stomach
    Ginger
    Applesauce, or cook down some apples and add some cinnamon
    Plain Yogurt with active cultures
  • caviggia
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I completely forgot about yogurt...
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BRAT - bananas, rice, apples, toast.

(Or BART, with the same, if you prefer.)
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    If the free day makes you feel like crap, why do you even have it?
  • caviggia
    Options

Ha ha it helps me control my weekly cravings and keep things in moderation. My tummy doesn't feel horrible but it can feel uneasy the next morning but only on so many occasions... Usually nights involving apple Martini's.

But on my free day it's amazing lol always amazing to just let loose but always have a bit of a watchful eye so I do not eat waaaaay too much.

I love my free days, which are also on my super Saturday workout days (2 hours worth). I LOVE food and part of me will always have a love of wine, vodka, pasta, chips, Etc BUT its something I need to keep in check and for my own diet, even when maintaining, this is what had always worked for me.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

Ha ha it helps me control my weekly cravings and keep things in moderation. My tummy doesn't feel horrible but it can feel uneasy the next morning but only on so many occasions... Usually nights involving apple Martini's.

But on my free day it's amazing lol always amazing to just let loose but always have a bit of a watchful eye so I do not eat waaaaay too much.

I love my free days, which are also on my super Saturday workout days (2 hours worth). I LOVE food and part of me will always have a love of wine, vodka, pasta, chips, Etc BUT its something I need to keep in check and for my own diet, even when maintaining, this is what had always worked for me.

i dont know what to tell you. i feel like that. atm, when I was officially done with the semester I probably went 500-1000 over tdee and I have been bloated since wed. i know it will go away, it just sucks.
  • lmeslie
    lmeslie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ginger tea is the best! It helps me almost instantly. You can either buy the tea bags (Traditional Medicinals is the brand and they sell it at Target, Whole Foods, etc) or you can boil ginger root.
  • caviggia
    Options

i dont know what to tell you. i feel like that. atm, when I was officially done with the semester I probably went 500-1000 over tdee and I have been bloated since wed. i know it will go away, it just sucks.

Ha ha ya I did that a lot at the end of my Grad program lol
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    mint tea, greens, vegetarian lentil soup with lots of veggies, citrus.
    any of those help me feel better when i'm sick too.
  • caviggia
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to stock up on some tea (green/mint) it just has so many benefits
  • hrmom26
    hrmom26 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    for me its anything mint , mint is known to settle the system
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

If you read her post, she basically says that it's not a horrible feeling, but that her stomach is having an adjustment period. So the question of "WHY do it then" seems rather unnecessary especially when the question she IS asking is what can help it when it does happen. You have to know that most people here can't just go cold turkey when it comes to the things they used to it more freely.

LET'S BE REAL -- any sane, healthy, and fit person DOES have days like this. Besides, it's actually good for the metabolism once in a while!
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea will help ease your stomach.....
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Both have been said but I'm all for ginger tea or ginger ale and yogurt.