what juicer should I buy?

Options
thefewsteps
thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
I think it'd be more beneficial than buying a $4 juice at the juice bar every day.
I don't need anything insane, but I do want something worth the money.
I saw a used one at the thrift store for $10 and was going to buy it just for the hell of it but didn't, but i think i will get it tomorrow. it's from the 90s but looks decent. What's a good wattage? Brand? price range?

Replies

• thefewsteps
    Options
    or are there any good brands of bottled vegetable juice i can buy? im talking the fresh stuff, nothing added. not v8.
  • imageaddict
    imageaddict Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think all of the bottled juices are pasteurized, which kills bacteria/germs but also unfortunately the healthy enzymes.

Just be sure to research which whether you want a centrifugal, masticating or twin gear model and consider how often you'll use it relative to the cost. I bought a Hurom masticating juicer and have been very happy with it. It cost a pretty penny but not as much as some of the really high end models. Although I don't use it nearly as often as I use my blender for smoothies, I'm very glad I have it.
  • thefewsteps
    Options
    I want to use it maybe once a day for breakfast. Maybe 4-6 days a week?
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    Breville. No question. 99-250. Totally worth it. Will last you 15 years.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't know. the one on sale?
  • epros39
    epros39 Posts: 17
    Options
    I love my breville juicer as well. i use it 2xs per day.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Breville for me too :)
    I bought a cheap juicer first which just didn't do the job, upgraded to the Breville with the plastic parts then upgraded again to the Breville with the stainless steel parts! I suggest you go right for the good one if you plan on juicing that much ;)
    One tip, keep it on the counter top and wash immediately after juicing...get in the habit otherwise you will hate washing it ;)
  • marceyabrons
    marceyabrons Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet. So easy to use
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Champion all the way