Mixing month 1 and month 2 of Insanity

Options
My fiancé and I are on our last week of Insanity (woo hoo!), and we are planning on starting again in a few weeks. We are contemplating mixing up the schedule, though, maybe rotating between month 1 and month 2 workouts for the 9 weeks, instead of going through all of month 1 then all of month 2. There are comparable workouts in each month, so I think it would be pretty simple to set a schedule switching off workouts. Has anyone done this? Pros and cons?

We had good success this round, and are hoping to keep it going! I just don't know if messing with the schedule will throw us off track, or if it really matters too much. Thank you for your input!

Replies

• patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have done this. I did 1 complete round of Insanity. Since then I don't follow a schedule just mix up my workouts. I have also moved on to Asylum so I mix in Asylum and Insanity workouts, much like a hybrid but I don't follow a schedule. I have had great results.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Nothing is going to throw you off as long as you continue to workout. I am in Month 2 and there are days that I can't get in a full hour, so I will do a month 1 dvd. No harm done. I up may calories by 100-200 on month 2 days, so I don't do that if I did a month 1 dvd. All about balance.
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I'm going to give it a shot!