Words you wish you could eliminate

Options
1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
Deprive for one. It gets tossed around way too much. It's only deprivation if you are not getting something you need.

Replies

• kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    epic, I hear it all the time, but never when the situation really is 'epic'
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Deprive for one. It gets tossed around way too much. It's only deprivation if you are not getting something you need.

Good one, I like your explanation.

I would eliminate (speaking for my own life) "can't". Most of my can'ts are actually won'ts if I am honest with myself.
  • fuhreeus
    fuhreeus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Loose.

It gets confused with "Lose" so much and it drives me crazy.

You "lose" weight.

Your tooth is "loose".
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    "Whatever"
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Loose.

It gets confused with "Lose" so much and it drives me crazy.

You "lose" weight.

Your tooth is "loose".

You lost me there. :-)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Whatever, chillaxin, any made up words for that matter. Anything ending in "vore" (i.e. localvore only eats local foods. That's not a word!!) Weightloss JOURNEY... it's not a damn journey, it's your life. Own it.

Oh this list could go on. And on. And on.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode.....

People don't know what it truly is. You have to not eat ANYTHING for at least 72 hours before you start turning muscle into energy. If you skip a meal, not starvation mode, If you eat 1200 calories a day, not starvation mode, even if you fast for 1 day...again, not starvation mode. You pretty much have to be anorexic for a long time to have it.

Saying that, I know a bunch of people who stop losing weight for no reason. I am one of them but its often caused by things like over training, eating the wrong foods and things like that. Sigh :noway:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    would

could

should

tomorrow

Also slurs...racial,homophobic, sexist etc
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Perfect

Should

Never
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    On here?-- Skinny-fat, bulky, starvation mode, roadmap, eat moar, bang, Barbie weights, BMR, and Can't. Especially, "I can't eat all my calories".
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    In my line of work I do a lot of public speaking, and also have to listen to a ton of other public speakers... one of the things that annoys me the most (and it is only with people that are public speakers for a living) are the filler words. Um, ahhh, so, like, etc. If it is your job to be a public speaker, please take the time to first practice your speech, and second learn how to eliminate those filler words!
    Options
    I hate "eat back" in reference to calories burned in exercise. It makes me think of vomit for some reason. I also despise when nouns are used as verbs when they really shouldn't be.
    Journaling
    facebooking
    twittering

Also the opposite, when verbs are used as nouns in an awkward way.
    "Do you have a solve for this problem?"
    "We should lunch over this tomorrow."

One that fortunately didn't make it very far was "doing a solid". "Hey, why don't you do me a solid and bring lunch back since I can't leave my desk today."
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The phrase, "You go girl." "Haters" can go too.
    Options
    In my line of work I do a lot of public speaking, and also have to listen to a ton of other public speakers... one of the things that annoys me the most (and it is only with people that are public speakers for a living) are the filler words. Um, ahhh, so, like, etc. If it is your job to be a public speaker, please take the time to first practice your speech, and second learn how to eliminate those filler words!

THIS makes me crazy! I hate listening to an interview for example, and when someone starts explaining something they do what seems like ten minutes of stammering and stuttering just to say a five word sentence! "Well, you know, w-w-w-hen I first went, you know when I first went to the forest... I umm, so, I went ummmm, well, not all the way into the forest, but when I got there you know, like when I got in the forest........" :explode:
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    'NO"
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    UNKEMPT

There is no freaking reason for an M in there! Her hair was well kept. Her hair was unkept. Who the heck put the M in there and why? If time travel is ever possible I am going back and have a serious talk with whoever did this.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    'Addicting' when used as an adjective.
    Any form of made up hybrid word- frenemies, hangry, sexting
    'Awkward, when used in the phrase 'the awkward moment when...' Because what's described is almost never actually awkward.
    'Cute' used as some sort of blanket adjective. ie. "cute date with my boyfriend" "having a cute time at my friends house"
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    Yolo
    Swag
    Epic
    Major fail
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    yolo
    bogo
    outraged
    offended
    shaming
    epic
    Uhm
    paleo
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    "literally." bc NO ONE READS ANYMORE! let's just say "actually", plz...