Only 1.3lbs down in first week

Options
2»

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you've gained some perspective from the responses!!
    Here is a great guideline for setting weekly weight loss goals:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

I would highly recommend making sure your weekly weight loss goal is set at 1 pound per week at most and set your activity level to lightly active and eat back the calories earned when you log exercise. Or you could do the TDEE method. Either way should get you around the same numbers as long as you're not setting high expectations with the goals.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    a pound is an average weight loss regardless of you doing or following things strictly or "by the book" yes it can be discouraging. the weight didn't go on overnight so its not going to come off that way. Weightloss is hard work but the end result is worth it. Be happy with the weightloss and try to be content that at least its not a gain. I am mildly discouraged because I think that I have a too high calorie intake for my daily allowance. And have no idea if it can be changed. I didn't eat enough or all of my allowance yesterday and it told me to lower my amount but don't know how. MFP is great but am slightly confused with it. Keep your chin up follow your heart and soon you will be amazed....Lorrain/Lady
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    1.3lbs in a week is awesome!! why aren't you happy with that...how much would that be in a month? six months? Your expectations are too high...I'm lucky if I lose 2 ounces a month...

keep at it..no excuses.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Only?! That's great! Be inspired by that! It took me a month to see the scale move.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think 1.3 for the week is excellent. Be reasonable here, if you are not 300 lbs, you shouldn't be losing more than that per week
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Google what 1lb of fat looks like. Then you won't be disappointed...
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1.3 lbs is awesome..be proud of it. There are some that struggle for weeks to lose anything. Its a process and you have to find what works for you but it will happen. Keep with it as everyone else has said. Good luck!!!! :)
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Hi guys

Sticking to a 1200 calorie a day plan and i've only lost 1.3 pounds in my first week. Fairly disappointed as i was hoping for a bit more considering i've really stuck to it.

Trying to get my head round the BMR / TDEE information i've been reading, but i don't really want to start jumping from one plan to another and ending up putting on even more weight.

My food tracker is open if anybody can offer advice.

Thanks

Debbie

First question.

What time of day did you take your starting weight?

Second question.

What time of day did you take your current weight?

If the answer to 1 & 2 are not at least similar then re-weigh tomorrow.

For example your weight can fluctuate quite a bit in a normal day - I can be 3lb heavier in the evening than I was first thing in the morning.

Best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning before food, and do this consistently then you're comparing apples with apples.

If you did weigh yourself at the same time of day then ignore what I put and keep plugging away
    :)
    Good luck.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Great job on that 1.3lbs...You will find it might be MUCH harder further down the road in your journey (maybe) and you will take a .2 lb loss when you have stalled for weeks.....
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, that's

Agree. 1.3 is very good. Remember, it's better to lose it slowly and consistently. I don't lose every week (I need to lose 80+ pounds) but I'm making lifetime changes. Hang in there!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Only? I would kill to lose 1.3 pounds in the last 6 months! Your diary looks good but I don't see any exercise, OR water recorded. Use the water counter and record your fluid intake to help you keep track. Having enough fluid is crucial to losing regularly, especially on days you go over on your sodium or have a lot of exercise. Every 30 minutes of exercise is another cup you should drink. Keep at it, and start some weights if you are only doing cardio, you'll see good results in time. it's all about time. You didn't gain it overnight, you certainly can't expect it to go away over night.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That's a great first week!!! Celebrate, don't be disappointed. You could have GAINED 1.3 lbs last week, but you didn't :) It's going the other way.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'd be ecstatic with 1.3 lbs in a week
    Losing weight takes a long time be happy that you're just getting that much lighter wIth every pound
    .or look at it optimistically and say at least I didn't have any gains this week
  • jenniferwren
    jenniferwren Posts: 189
    Options
    Please google 'what does a pound of fat look like' then come back and tell us you're disappointed - huggies for you xxx it takes a while to get your head round the fact that we won't wake up after one week of sensible eating 10 pounds lighter :noway: