How Much Do You Fluctuate By?

Options
2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    1-5 sometimes up to 10 though

You gain up to 10lbs on your period? Wow.

I'm about 2-4 lbs.
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    5-7 pounds. Before I started really watching what I ate and working out, it was only about 2. Not sure what the deal with that is but I just shrug it off and my weight goes back down eventually. :)
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Almost 4 lbs!!! it's like you lose that amount for 3/4 weeks and you gain it all during your periods .argh!!! :explode:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    1-5 sometimes up to 10 though

Yeah, I do too. But most of the time its the week before my period. then during, it starts to drop. My last period I gained 8lbs. The largest amount was 11-12lbs.

But menstruating sucks. How do you handle it bro?
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    None, I actually lose during that time. But during ovulation time, I gain a pound of two..and after that week it is gone.
  • sarcosis1
    sarcosis1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Usually around 4-5lbs but lately it went up to 10lbs, that was a shocker.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't gain at all. But I have heavy TOM. So I typically lose all my weight between ovulation and 2-3 days after TOM, then stop losing until ovulation again, while my lining builds itself again I'm guessing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    None, I actually lose during that time. But during ovulation time, I gain a pound of two..and after that week it is gone.

VERY glad to see it's not just me!
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm Prolly one of the only people, but my weight always goes doen around that time (but I don't get mine often because of an iud). Otherwise if my weight ever goes up it fluctuates between 1-3 lbs
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate daily by a whole stone. In the morning I am my lowest, but come afternoon and dinner time I can be anything up to 12-14lbs heavier than I was that morning. I've not noticed a fluctuation around my period though!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    between 2 and 5 pounds. :/ I start to bloat the week or so before and then my body lets it go about 3 days after.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate 1-3lbs from am to pm but ironically this period, I didn't fluctuate much (if any) at all. Small miracles I guess!
  • tryskinni
    tryskinni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can answer this because I got on the scale this morning - 3 pounds! Also, my waist is a few inches bigger and it *feels* like I had a binge last night even though I didn't. Sigh.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    5-7lbs. Then a few times 10lbs. It is a pain. I just skip weigh in that week and it doubles up the following week.
    It is not real weight so I don't get hung up on it too much.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating anything - crap food, not drinking water, not exercising - just anything, uncontrolled, not tracking - I'll fluctuate by 3 lbs, or 2% of my body weight (at 137lbs).

When exercising, eating "clean", my fluctuation seems closer to 1lb.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate up to 4 lbs but then the wk after it usually drops bk down again.
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    I can answer this because I got on the scale this morning - 3 pounds! Also, my waist is a few inches bigger and it *feels* like I had a binge last night even though I didn't. Sigh.

I don't necessarily gain a ton - but that is EXACTLY how I feel!!!!! My waist gets big and I feel so bloated and gross, like I have eaten an entire pepperoni pizza! It sucks to be a woman! :happy: