Looking for Some 'Real' Friends

Options
Hey, all, I'm looking for ppl that are willing to...invest in a friendship with me. Basically, it just means that we'll be there for each other in this journey, for the scale loss, NSVs, mistakes, lessons learnt, everything! Especially for those horrible days. Just someone that will talk, listen, motivate and allow me to return the courtesy. In short, a true friend, not someone that's just looking to expand their "number of friends" in the profile.

Extra points if you love ice-cream :D

-J

Ps: here are my stats, in case you're curious

Height: 5'2

Replies

• frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a lot older and taller (52 and 6'1"), but I'm on everyday. Looking to lose about 35 pounds, but more importantly continue to exercise and tone up. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Oh....I do like ice cream. I'm experimenting with frozen fruit and blending in my VitaMix. :)

~ Terri
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You had me at ice cream.

I'm 22 and 5'2.5" so about the same
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    HI!! Age and height shouldn't matter, although I AM vertically-challenged. :) But loving ice-creams definitely does :laugh:

Friend Request sent!
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 4'11" :-)
    I'm 27.
    I've just about reached my weight loss goal, I'm mainly just trying to tighten everything up but...

I'd love to be friends. You can message me whenever you need to talk or whatever :-)
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am here if you would like to add me as well! I am in need of a lil motivation myself! :)

My name is Rob. :)
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 25 and 5 2 as well. I log in every day and am nearing 130 days.
    I know what you mean - I'd rather have like 5 close friends that actually are friends than a long list of people who I don't connect with.
    Diarys open, have a look and if you want to friend me go ahead :-)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age and almost the same height. However, I am a green robot, so I'm afraid I cannot be considered a 'real' friend*

*This poster does not meet the qualifications in the thread. While she does enjoy ice cream, she is also known to be a non-supportive, just here for fun type of friend. Request at your own risk.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    hey there. we can give it a try. I like being "real friends" with people lol. I'm 26. 5'1'' and 125lbs. I'm not trying to lose weight but if I do that's fine. I'm just more concerned with fat loss and muscle gain.
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ice cream :love: !!! sending a request!
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    does someone say ice cream??!! i love ice cream!!it's been 7months i don't eat ice cream :sad:
  • sherrin567
    sherrin567 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! Definitely older, but could also use some "real friends" on this journey. Hoping to lose 44lbs and any help/encouragement would be appreciated. Add me as a friend if you'd like!
    :blushing:
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    Oooh, more 'real' ppl for friends! Haha. Had friends before but for some reason there was no communication on their part leading me to believe that there's only a couple of reasons for that:

A) they are expanding their number of friends
    B) they are too busy enjoying ice-cream to reply

FRs shall be sent to all (my dessert for the day and you ppl have restore my faith) since I'm REALLY looking for some new friends.
  • JRJ9707
    JRJ9707 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    I saw your post and I too am looking for 'friends' in this journey.
    It helps a lot to have people to chat with. :smile:
  • nickalow11
    nickalow11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Me too! Ice cream...yum!!!
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the the prompt replies to both my search for friends and also the echoes of ice cream. Had a rough rough day today but i knew I was right to reach out and find some friends. You guys have no idea how significant you guys are in brightening up today. So... thank you, for being you, reaching out and adding me.

ETA: btw, I am a little sarcastic and sometimes may step over the line. If I do that, it's up to you to push back. :blushing:
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    feel free to add me ^-^
    I'm 5'8 and 19 c:
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    Added! :)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Well post some pictures, fill out your profile, establish some goals and get INVOLVED. You can't get REAL friends if they don't know anything about you!
  • nancik1
    nancik1 Posts: 24
    Options
    You had me at ice cream too, Im 32 and taller, you can add me. Looking for the same thing too.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot older and taller than you are, but I'm also looking for some new friends. I've been at this for 10 months now and still have my ups and downs. I only have a small number of friends, but I'm actively involved in their journeys as well as they in mine. Definitely looking for more of that.

Anyone looking for an active friend with an open diary, feel free to add me!