Slowly losing motivation :(

I've lost 16lbs so far but I would like to lose 10 more. My 'friends' have abandoned Mfp
so my motivation to keep doing Mfp is waning. I'm struggling but I'm still getting on Mfp
but not like I uses to. Ugh

Replies

• LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    add me as a friend, I'm here every day.
  • MeganWillet
    MeganWillet Posts: 29 Member
    I am slowly losing motivation, too. I have been doing it for three weeks... the first week I lost three pounds! I was so excited... the next two I only lost half a pound each week. I need the loss to keep me going so I am struggling to keep doing it. Ugh. This is so hard!!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    This isn't a 3 week sprint, it's not a marathon.. This is an unadulterated death march. You either embrace it, and the lifestyle, and the loss becomes effortless...

Or you hate every moment of it, looking for ways to cheat, wondering where your next cheat can come from, doing math to see what will fit into your remaining calories for the day.

Do you want to change your body from what it looks like right now? Do you really want to go somewhere else?

Or is it more along the lines of "I look fine, I just wish I could banish this spare tire."? Don't get me wrong, getting rid of the spare tire is hard work, and you have to really want it, crave it, hunger for your goal.
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    This isn't a 3 week sprint, it's not a marathon.. This is an unadulterated death march.

THIS.

losing weight is tough, keeping that lost weight off....even tougher.

Just counting calories won't work, just working out won't work... you have to get your head in the right place, be determined and relentless and just keep at it.....this WILL work.

Good luck!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Me, too! We can do this!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    add me as a friend, I'm here every day.

Same here. This isn't easy but it is totally achievable.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    I am slowly losing motivation, too. I have been doing it for three weeks... the first week I lost three pounds! I was so excited... the next two I only lost half a pound each week. I need the loss to keep me going so I am struggling to keep doing it. Ugh. This is so hard!!

But you have been losing. You need to ask yourself if you really want to lose weight. You will have your answer. Good luck and just keep thinking positively about your losses so far.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    You've gotta do it for you! No matter who else comes and goes at the end of the day you have to want it for yourself. I struggle too but I know it's what's going on in me. It doesn't matter how many other folks are logging on and off here it's my choice to hold myself accountable and find the push to keep going. Good luck.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    I just reached 95 days! Feel free to add me :)
  • PecorinoRomano
    PecorinoRomano Posts: 33 Member
    You can do it! I am trying to lose those last pesky 10 pounds as well.I know it's tough, but stick with it! I'm on here every day, commenting and encouraging so feel free to add me if you are looking for more MFP friends!
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    I created a FB page, a blog and a PRIVATE FB GROUP (for ladies only, no offense men) to ensure I had accountability and support. If you'd like to join the private group message me @ https://www.facebook.com/HealthyShrink and let me know that you'd like to join. We have monthly "Challenges" and recipes, articles, before and afters.....

Here is our challenge for May....
    c2c468ba-03df-4708-9d06-5dd62a8ab5a6_zpse42722c9.jpg

All is FREE! Just want to be an encouragement and help to those trying to get healthy and fit :)
    http://healthyshrink.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/HealthyShrink
  • Longhop83
    Longhop83 Posts: 6
    Im here every weekday... add me too for help
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Don't stop now, look at how far you've come!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Everyone can, just gotta KEEP GOING!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    I've been on here a couple of months now. I understand how you feel, but every time I want to quit I just think how good it will feel to finally reach my goal! You don't have to be perfect (and I'm totally a testament to that lol) but if you keep going you will get there!! Feel free to add me. I'm on every day and I comment pretty often! You can do it!
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    I've been here about 10 months, it has served me well, if you want the male perspective add me. :O)
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Yes a challenge to stay motivated day in and day out.. as many have said, it is a life style change and therefore it is not just about motivation.. it is about making changes to your overall lifestyle for yourself.

Over the past weekend, I ate crappy.. I felt bad about it.. but I am moving on.. Also my body told me I ate bad with heartburn and other bad feelings from not so healthy food choices. It is my bodies way of keeping me in check and saying, "Hey, what are you doing? Give me the good stuff.. (healthier) food items and I will continue to provide you with feel good feelings and energy!!!"

So listen to your body.. how do you feel when you eat better and the right portions..think of that good feeling when your motivation is low... it helps..

Anyone can add me as a friend if you would like... I provide support as well as try to comment and participate once in awhile.. :smile:
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Keep going, keep trying! You did not put the weight on overnight and it is not going to melt away over night! It will go away over time if you stick at it (you will have weeks without loss; that is OK). We all lack motivation at one point or another; you need to take stock and think, really think about what this journey means to you. You need to be the person who is at the core of the motivation; having others around you supporting you will add to that but it needs to come from you.

Do you deserve to be happy and healthy? YES!
    Can I or others make you healthy? NO.
    Can we help to keep you motivated? Hopefully!

Add some people who you think will motivate and support you. In the last few days I started adding friends who I thought would be good supports on this journey. Seeing them log and exercise is motivating me but at the end of the day I have to motivate myself.

I hope you can stay on board and on track.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    I'm sorry to hear all this stuff about losing motivation. I might suggest getting a fitness scale and becoming more alert to the mix of lean body mass vs. body fat. if you're only tracking your weight you may not be aware of the fact that improved diet and exercise may be building your muscle mass. also, please bear in mind that one of the other health goals you are fulfilling by managing your weight is overall health, you are dramatically reducing your risk of Alzheimers, Vascular Dementia and Cancer. Feed your head with books that educate and remind you about the health benefits of low body fat (Good Calories Bad Calories is one I recommend). remember that by being healthy you are not only going to fit into that dress or slacks you want to, you are going to be fitter, be around longer and studies even show that slimmer people interview and get hired more effectively than overweight people and such. so find ways to motivate yourself.

good luck hang in there and don't forget to count the carbs.:bigsmile:
  • girlPaula
    girlPaula Posts: 13 Member
    To:

This isn't a 3 week sprint, it's not a marathon.. This is an unadulterated death march. You either embrace it, and the lifestyle, and the loss becomes effortless...

Or you hate every moment of it, looking for ways to cheat, wondering where your next cheat can come from, doing math to see what will fit into your remaining calories for the day.

Do you want to change your body from what it looks like right now? Do you really want to go somewhere else?

Or is it more along the lines of "I look fine, I just wish I could banish this spare tire."? Don't get me wrong, getting rid of the spare tire is hard work, and you have to really want it, crave it, hunger for your goal.

Yay!!! I couldn't have been able to say it better!!! Jeeeeee!!!!:happy:
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Add me then
    I see this is a new change in me, a life style with like minded friends in here that understand how hard this is. I'm not eager, or in a hurry to get to my goal in a set amount of time. I see absolutely no reason to finish this in a hurry and go back to the way I eat before.
    The lbs lost is nice, but seeing things built around me, having strength and being able to do the amount of work I can do, is simply amazing. Also looking good naked is a plus. I do find myself and my wife check out the new found tone. That's very sexy.

So...Enjoy this process. be patient. poundage lost is only one facet, there are a ton of other things that's more important than just your scale. Ones it get underway. You'll love it.