Sad

Options
Good Morning All,
So I am a little frustrated ok a lot frustrated and I am hoping that by sharing which is something I have never done I may get some input. I have changed my eating habits for the past 8 weeks adding a lot of super foods to my meals and counting calories. I started using MFP last Friday but before that used a different Calorie counting site. I have been restricting myself to 1400 calories I weigh 161 and 5ft 5in tall at the age of 29. I just this morning changed my goal to 1200 calories. I have been doing Body Revolution by Jillian and I am on week 7. What I can't understand is nothing is happening, the scale has not moved at all I didn't take my measurements but can tell you that my jeans and shirts fit the same! Does anyone know what could be going on? For the first time after being a roller coaster dieter I am actually committed especially with my exercise and I am so upset that I am not seeing any fruits of my labor.....

Replies

• smallFryHuffy
    smallFryHuffy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Don't get frustrated! Remember that it took a long time to put the weight on in the first place.

You should check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13?hl=road+map#posts-14885708

It seems like you may be eating a little on the low side, so your body is overcompensating!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some encouragement ;)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    9/10 I would say the answer is in your diary, in the days you've logged you've eaten pizza hut twice, your sodium is pretty high and the only veggies I've noticed are salad, no leafy green veg or anything else.

Sodium makes you hoard water and will stop the scale moving. I didn't notice if you'd logged any exercise but if you are and not eating the calories back at that stage of your weight loss is probably a bad idea.

You can do it though, just be honest with yourself, clean it up and keep going. I'm sure it took a while to get that weight on and getting it off is no different.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    "For the first time after being a roller coaster dieter I am actually committed .." This statement is important :) You dont' have a lot to lose so it's going to take time. I doubt you're doing anything "wrong" but I'm sure other will come in and say eat more, less, etc. It looks like you are doing fine, you just need to give it more time and stick to the commitment you say you have now. Measure and log everything, stick to your exercise, take measurements and I promise changes will happen! Be patient and don't get frustrated, I know it's hard, we all do, but it will happen!

Edit: Your dog is amazingly adorable!!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We have similar measurements--feel free to add me for some motivation and we can share tips along the way too! :) Do you own a food scale? A Heart rate monitor? I love these two things since they give me the most accurate measurement of the food I am eating (weight has been much more accurate for me than using measuring cups) and the calories I am burning with exercise. My resting heart rate is very low and it takes quite a bit to actually get my heat rate up--mfp estimates were always really high. Please do not give up...ultimately what worked best for me was putting that scale away and sticking with my plan (no cheat days)....you can do this--and if you are using these accurate measurements and still seeing no progress, maybe a trip to the doctor is in order?
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You dont' have a lot to lose so it's going to take time. I doubt you're doing anything "wrong" but I'm sure other will come in and say eat more, less, etc. It looks like you are doing fine, you just need to give it more time and stick to the commitment you say you have now. Measure and log everything, stick to your exercise, take measurements and I promise changes will happen! Be patient and don't get frustrated, I know it's hard, we all do, but it will happen!

THIS!! Slow and steady...
  • kfogg12
    kfogg12 Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you all for the encouragement, it is nice to hear I just have felt with the changes I have made that something would be showing. I do tend to indulge once a week on the weekends but still try to stay within my allotted calories, I will make a trip to store and invest in both the suggested tools (food scale and heart monitor.) Plus try to get my measurements. I have already made a promise to myself to not give up! Again thank you all!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. :) Follow the advice from everyone above. It's good stuff. Hang in there. You will lose. :)