Friends who eat what they want within their calories

Options
yaseyuku
yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
I'm looking to become friends/motivate each other with some people who eat what they want and don't deprive themselves as long as its within their calories. I've switched over from a VLCD of depravation of everything I love to this approach (at about 1200 calories per day but might up it if it needs to be) a little over a week ago and hope it will continue to work out.

Anyone else following this approach that wants to be friends on here?

Replies

• acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me if you like- I follow the 5/2 diet but on my non-fast days I eat anything I like, under 1400 calories. I also train hard on my non fast days! I try to log everything as it helps me not go over my calorie allowance, although I've had one too many cheat days recently. I added you :)
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me, me :) I eat whatever I like as long as it's within my calories. I do keep an eye on my fats and sat fats and try to stick within them but if my calories say I can eat a chocolate bar and my fats don't.....the calories win! Haha :)
  • yaseyuku
    Options
    I've thought about trying the 5/2 diet if 1200 calories or slightly bumped up doesn't work. Fasting days are 500, right?
  • catsnap213
    catsnap213 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have found that I do not do well on diets peroid. Now I am eating what I like but finding new cleaner ways to make the food I like and I am eating less of it. Please add me
  • yaseyuku
    Options
    Me, me, me, me :) I eat whatever I like as long as it's within my calories. I do keep an eye on my fats and sat fats and try to stick within them but if my calories say I can eat a chocolate bar and my fats don't.....the calories win! Haha :)

I've been doing this too! Has it slowed down your weight loss at all? I usually have calories (and fats) left over at the end of the day, enough to either eat a meal that I want (I usually stick to light breakfasts/lunches/snacks) or have a treat.

My sugars are usually over, though, but I don't pay too much attention to that since most of my sugars come from fruits.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I try and eat cleaner, and have upped my fats and proteins for lower carbs (not to low) - but I generally eat what I like. I allowed myself three chocolate biscuits yesterday, and a chocolate ice lolly!!

I eat 1360 - but I'm hoping to incorporate workouts soon. I am so unfit it's something that I have been putting off for ages but I know it needs to be done.

Feel free to add me anyone :smile:
  • jadeyq1
    Options

I've been doing this too! Has it slowed down your weight loss at all? I usually have calories (and fats) left over at the end of the day, enough to either eat a meal that I want (I usually stick to light breakfasts/lunches/snacks) or have a treat.

My sugars are usually over, though, but I don't pay too much attention to that since most of my sugars come from fruits.

I completely stopped tracking sugars with MFP seeing as two pieces of fruit a day can put you over according to them! Haha It hasn't slowed me down at all. It's what I've been doing from day 1 and I've lost 25lbs so far :)

I recently switched to the TDEE-20% method from 1200 cals a day so waiting for my body to realise that I'm not starving it anymore and haven't seen much change on the scale for a while but I'm still losing inches through my exercise :)
  • yaseyuku
    Options

I completely stopped tracking sugars with MFP seeing as two pieces of fruit a day can put you over according to them! Haha It hasn't slowed me down at all. It's what I've been doing from day 1 and I've lost 25lbs so far :)

I recently switched to the TDEE-20% method from 1200 cals a day so waiting for my body to realise that I'm not starving it anymore and haven't seen much change on the scale for a while but I'm still losing inches through my exercise :)

I eat way more than two pieces of fruit per day on most days so I'm usually way over sugars even if I don't give myself any kind of treat. Bumping up from a VLCD to 1200 has stalled my progression a bit as well (I gained right after doing so and have been very slowly losing that, I think) but a bit over a week isn't enough time to tell for sure. I'm hoping my body will realize it's not starving either and start losing again; I'm also trying to do exercise other than walking but struggling with enjoying it enough to commit to something for long, haha.
  • jadeyq1
    Options
    I'm also trying to do exercise other than walking but struggling with enjoying it enough to commit to something for long, haha.

I know this feeling very well! Haha I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and it is a struggle most days to get the motivation to do it. Walking and swimming, no problem! But I do find there isn't much in the way of exercise that I actually enjoy either!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    add me if you like :) I don't follow any fad diet programme, I just eat healthily (most of the time). I don't do shakes, my processed foods are minimal and tend to be salty rather than sweet. I'm on 1259 cals a day at moment (might up it to 1336 next week as I've been doing this for a month now with good results but am feeling frequently tired since I upped my exercise routine a bit!) And I include wine .. ;)

My diary is open for all to see! I'm trying to balance protein, carbs and fat - I WANT the good fats in there and the protein! I don't worry much about the micronutrients, I know what's healthy for me and what's not :)
  • yaseyuku
    Options
    Ah, a fellow wine lover! I miss wine a lot and am currently trying to work it back in - within my calorie limit, of course.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, too. I try to eat more veggies and fruit because that makes it easier to stay within my calorie goal but basically, if I really want a burger or fries or whatever, I have it and work the rest of my day around it.

Which is not to say that I don't notice how much better I feel when I eat "healthier" things. But I still need to give in to my cravings sometimes.
  • 72maureen
    72maureen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i eat what's in my calorie goal, but i also dont substitute a meal for a slice of cake either. My snacks usually are the snack packs that consist of 100 calories to satisfy that crunch that i need. I am too on a 1200 daily but after my workouts it bumps me up to
    about 1400-1500 and my problem is i dont eat to make up the burn i just did, but im not hungry, why should i force myself to
    eat those calories?? but i hear that you're suppose to. I will add you :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I try to keep my protein even with my carbs but as long as I do that I mainly eat whatever suits me.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    U can add me, I am not afraid to have my sweet treat here or there and stay in limits:)
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my daily calorie goal. I figured that, if this is not a diet, than why do i need to deprive myself?
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat what I want and just watch the calories. Working great for me so far - started in August 2012. :)
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I was a slacker for a little bit, going over my calories and playing with bmr, bad choice. I reduced my intake a to 1500 and will again in a few days to 1200, baby steps.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I love food so I'm always trying new recipes. I eat a lot of healthy but really filling, tasty meals! I also treat myself. :)
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I generally eat what I want within my calorie limit of 1800 or so. One days when I don't log it's because I know I'm going way over the 1800 and don't want to feel like figuring out how much something costs me, calorie wise, basically most weekend days!

You are free to add me if you want!