General Motors Diet

Options
jacalac9
jacalac9 Posts: 3 Member
HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS AND DID IT WORK?

Day One All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.

Day Two All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.

Day Three A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.

Day Four Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.

Day Five Today is feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is OK. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.

Day Six Beef and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your hearts content.

Day Seven Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume.

Tomorrow morning you will be 10-17 lbs. lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. You may repeat this program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you are allowed two glasses of white wine in addition to the instructions on the program. You may substitute champagne for white wine. Under no circumstances are you to drink any other alcoholic beverages with the exception of beer which is allowed. Any liquor (bourbon,vodka, rum) is forbidden. Cream drinks are especially forbidden. You may have an occasional cordial such as creme de menthe or schnapps, but you must always limit yourself to two drinks. If you wine, drink only wine that day. If you have beer, drink only beer that day, etc. Alcohol adds empty calories to your diet. However, after the first week it will help your digestion and settle your stomach.

G.M.'S Wonder Soup

The following soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to consume large quantities of this soup.

28 oz, Water, 6 Large Onions, 2 Green Peppers, Whole Tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 Head Cabbage, 1 Bunch Celery, 4 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Herbs and Flavouring as desired.

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    why do I feel like this should be in the chit -chat section??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

agreed!

wheres the meat?!
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    In the uk we call this the cabbage soup diet...

Total fad
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit and exercise??!!

Anyways I like food to much!! :bigsmile:
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes you lose weight sticking to this diet. BUT.... these short cut diets are not worth it. You are better off learning to eat everything with portion control and calorie counting, and exercise for improved health. The body is not meant to dump weight at an accelerated rate. Its not healthy and usually the weight lost is gained back and then some. Your body loses trust and when you go off the diet, your body hangs on to everything you put in it because it doesn't trust you not too put it through that nasty diet again. Then you have to repair your metabolism as well as lose weight. That's when weight loss gets really frustrating. If its sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    This reminds me of a chain letter.

Make eleven more people eat stupid combos for a week or a piano will fall on your head.
  • Charity2001
    Charity2001 Posts: 24
    Options
    Yes, total fad and thoroughly unhealthy if maintained for more than the 7 days prescribed. That being said.....I've tried it and it works! I wasn't hungry, though my cravings were through the roof. It is not easy, and I can't overstress DO NOT go past 7 days and use maybe 4 times a year.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    it is not new. It has been around for years under various names.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a diet about reassembling car motors and burning calories doing it.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this, and I would stay away from it. You may lose weight on this, but you will gain it back once you go back to eating as you normally would.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

agreed!

wheres the meat?!

I did like that you could have 2 drinks.... :grumble:
  • kelseymaccombs
    kelseymaccombs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My brother has done this diet many times in preparation for his wedding. He sees extreme weight loss from this program, but because it is so extreme, he hasn't been able to maintain any of his weight loss.

This kind of diet doesn't become a lifestyle change, which is usually necessary to maintain weight loss.
  • dbaxley22
    dbaxley22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did it and it worked short term, meaning use it as the start of a diet. If you do it and go back to eating the same way, you will gain every bit back. I agree that if you do it, only do it for the 7 days and more as a diet reset. It shrunk my stomach and my sweet cravings were gone but it is not a healthy sustainable diet.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • TLWallperson
    TLWallperson Posts: 125
    Options
    This reminds me of a chain letter.

Make eleven more people eat stupid combos for a week or a piano will fall on your head.

HA HA HA! LOVE IT. And if you get squished by the piano you will def lose weight. :laugh:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a diet about reassembling car motors and burning calories doing it.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I was expecting it to be that they got laid off from GM and no longer have money for food!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I just heard of this yesterday. How is this any different than the cabbage diet, or any of those other ones?
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    easy come, easy go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow morning you will be 10-17 lbs. lighter than one week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again.

And I guarantee that about 95% of that weight loss is water...'cuz science. Beyond that, it just sounds horrible; sticking to a reasonable calorie deficit and getting in a little exercise is actually pretty friggin' easy to do.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    could always try the MOPAR diet, but I hear it involves a lot more breakdowns \m/