Dinner Drama

Options
2»

Replies

• missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Substitutions, really lean ground beef. Ground turkey. Turkey hot dogs. Turkey sausage. Turkey bacon (not my favorite). As for potatoes, just limit them. Vegetables, first of all, I'm the one who does the cooking, so my motto is, "if you don't eat it, you can starve". Needless to say, I don't have a problem getting anyone to eat vegetables. Also, I make a meatloaf sometimes and I will chop up spinach and add to it. And don't tell em.
    So find a way to sneak it - it's great stuff. Find more lean options for the good food. Of course, chicken will get old if you eat it everyday the same way. Find different ways to cook it - one day chopped in some veggies or pasta. One day baked with veggies. One day grilled the chicken and then pop some mixed veggies in aluminum foil on the grill.. Amazing. We're from the south, so I know what you mean by meat and potatoes. Mine didn't want to change either; however, you can always use this excuse. When he says "I have a headache" or "my back hurts" or complains about any of his ailments - tell him because the garbage he eats is making his body feel horrible and demand that you guys have to change the way you eat and think about food.

Healthy tastes good - remind him of that! LOL. Good luck!