Happy Birthday to Me - From Morbidly Obese to Healthy (Pics)

Options

Replies

• vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You look incredibly awesome. Congratulations!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep up the amazing work!
  • jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    You look wondering! Thanks for sharing!!
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    you look amazing. Damn right you need to be celebrating!
  • ggirls08
    ggirls08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • hkestner
    hkestner Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well, I was debating whether or not to post yet because I am not at my goal but I am getting so close. But many of my MFP friends told me I should be celebrating and share it with everyone. Today I turned 36 and gave myself the best present a girl could ask for...I am in a healthy bmi range for the first time in my adult life. Last March (2012) I was weighing in at a hefty 280lbs and on my 5'5" frame was considered morbidly obese and as of today, I weigh 148lbs and am in a healthy BMI weight range. I still have 18lbs left to lose to meet my goal but the light is getting so gosh darn bright at the end of this tunnel, I may need to put on some sunglasses.

What makes this sweeter for me is that I had a rough start to the year and gained about 13lbs throughout January and February but buckled back down in March because I was not going to slip back into my old clothes and in April started my 2013 !0 Week Reboot Challenge and have dropped 20lbs so far (7 pounds more than I gained). I could have given up but I didn't. And you know what helped besides all the wonderful friends here and people inspirational stories? Not having fat clothes to slide back into; I had been getting rid of all my fat clothes along the way and when my skirt gave me muffin top I knew I had to get my act together because I was not buying new big clothes, no way!!! So purge those closets as you go, ladies and gents.

I'm going to keep this short and just post some pictures now and the rest of my story I will save for when I finally reach my goal...only 18lbs to go (it still feels weird to say that). Oh, and the other gift I got myself for my birthday, a little black dress because every woman needs one, lol!

Starting weight: 280lbs (March 1, 2012)
    Current weight: 148lbs (May 13, 2013)
    Loss so far: 132lbs
    Goal weight: 130lbs
    Height: 5'5"

Picture on the Left 280lbs (January 2006) and Picture on the Right 148lbs (today)

d4c61cfd-ac7d-4c51-871e-02a7776cd3f9_zpsaa1c0436.jpg
    You look AMAZING!!!! What an inspiration!!! You should be shouting from the rooftops because whether you're at your goal yet or not, you've accomplished so much!!! congrats!
  • krystynnaa
    krystynnaa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    OMG you look HOT! That dress is SO flattering- Way to GO :)
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! I am amazed at your transformation. Your friends are right, you need to shout out your success! In doing so, you have inspired many. I started off at 270 and want to get to 150, and am 5'7". I used to drink one diet soda after the other too! Thanks for sharing your story and reminding me that it is a journey, and I will get to where you are someday. Kudos for doing it in your 30's and postponing health problems and enjoying our youth! I wish I had started sooner! You have a lot to be proud of!
    CONGRATULATIONS! And Happy Birthday!
  • mjhmjhmjh
    mjhmjhmjh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration you are, well done and thank you for shareing
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    YOU.GO.GIRL! - Fabulous!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing=)
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You are INCREDIBLE!!!
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you! All i could say was wow. I am almost the same height as you and my current goal weight is where you are now. You look so awesome, what a splendid birthday present to yourself!
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous and healthy - congratulations and Happy Birthday!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I LOVE how there's no diet coke in the "new you" picture! Great job!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats and happy birthday!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Good word woman! You are a stunner!!! I am honored to be your friend and share in your amazing journey. Your witty comments keep me smiling daily and I so love you! Keep up the amazing work and you WILL reach that goal. I think you already look amazing and have changed your life by leaps and bounds. Hugs my darlin'
  • fortheuniform
    fortheuniform Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i had the biggest smile on my face looking at your pictures :) you are truly inspiring and give hope to the 'work in progress' folk, i look forward to see your pictures -18lbs and the complete story. congratulations. on and btw, you look fantastic!
  • corderdeb
    corderdeb Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congrats! You look wonderful!!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Holy sh*tballs - gurl, you looks SMOKING! I started my journey at roughly the same weight and want to be your current weight, so this is so wonderful for me to see and must be freaking wonderful for YOU!

Very, very proud of you - I'm going to send you a friend request because damn, you are an inspiration.

xxxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!