HELP! Need a couple suggestions

Options
1: Need a partner in my area to excersize with I live in the Portland area with no car durring the day and a 2.5 year old to boot.
2. I am verry big chested and no matter the bra the bouncing is just tooooo much
3. So tough to work out with no energy
4. Have a bad shoulder so some of the shred stuff is very dificult.

any tips or help would be great. I have been going for walks but I feel like thats just not good enough.

Replies

• samanthakay24
    samanthakay24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    walking is always good... you can take your baby in a stroller and just walk at a fast pace.
    walk to a park or something then while she's playing push her in the swing to work your arm muscles and/or walk around the park some more.

good luck :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to any Leslie Sansone Walking at home Videos? They may be On-Line or at your Library if you don't want to buy them. You can do them in very limited space and while the Baby is sleeping or playing nearby. The ones I use have very little high impact and I don't think there would be much 'Bouncing' issue.
    :heart: Good Luck with finding something to do that fits your schedule and fitness level. When you find the right activity/exercise it will Change Your Life!!!!
  • jlcanon
    jlcanon Posts: 21
    Options
    A good energy booster is Guarana. Its actually a tropical plant that grows in the Amazon Jungle. It has the same compounds found in caffeine. Its an herbal supplement so its not harmful. Guarana isn't water soluble so it lasts longer in the body than regular caffeine.
    I use it everyday 40 minutes before I hit the gym and it works like a champ!
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I dont know when U started, but start slow. It will take you a bit to get used to the exercise and new way of eating. Walking is great and as already posted the baby will love the "walks" If u cant go the distance all at one time, try breaking it down into 2 short walks a day.
    Maybe try doing some weights to build upper body strength, like start with a can of veggies and work yr self up to more reps. Sorry I dont know what U have been trying so far, so I guess I am giving ideas to start off.

The feeling tired will start to get better, you will have more energy once u start to move and lose some weight ( it happened to me like that)
    As for the boobies :) well, good news, alot of ppl on here will tell you that they are the first to start shrinking :) so for now, try using a tighter bra and soon that one will start to feel loose.

Sry I am all the way in Illinois , Good Luck and just start moving :)
  • MakeupbyMissVee
    Options
    I honestly don't want to sound to harsh ok, let me just say that first off. I am in the same position you are. I started out my lifestyle change on May 16th this year weighing in at 330 pounds. Keep in mind that I also have a 2 year old..as a matter of fact I have TWO 2 year olds...boy/girl twins to run after. I started my workouts simple. I got a stationary bike. I made sure that I rode it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!! The bike really helped me with my endurance some so I really recommend you getting one, I am also big chested so I understand you on that one also. I am a DD. I rode my bike every night for about a month....restricted my calorie intake to only 1500 calories a day and then I would burn at least 700-800 of that off every night working out on my bike and I WOULD NOT EAT THOSE CALORIES BACK! I made sure I drank at least 6 bottles of water a day and sometimes more. Then on the weekends me and my husband would take the kids to the park and walk and just let them play on the playgrounds etc...you get exercise doing that as well. After about a month of doing that I started doing ab crunches (just myself, not to any dvd or anything) I would do them every other night, ride my bike every night and go to the park on the weekends if I could with the kids. I did that for a couple weeks, then I went out and bought some 2 pound weights and the 30 Shred DVD. I did that for about 3 nights and came to the conclusion that it was just to hard on my knees to be doing it at this heavy so I started back in with my normal workouts every single night. It is really important when your big I think to workout minimum 6 days a week for at least an hour to get any results. Taking one day off to let your body recoup is a good idea but I didnt always do that I must say. And like I said I made sure that I didn't go over my 1500 calories a day. I didnt restrict what I ate..if I wanted chocolate I ate it, but I just made sure that I had the calories left to cover it. I think that is the key.

So my advice is that it isn't going to be easy, especially when your really big (like me) there will be pain, you have to push thru it, it will get better and go away I promise! I have been thru it numerous times so far. You have to stay strong when you hit those plateaus...I have hit two so far now. Workout at least 6 days a week for about an hour...do what you can do and don't push yourself. Your endurance will get better. Working out for for an hour at your pace doing what you can is better than not working out at all or working out for five minutes trying to kill urself doing what you can't do. Also cut those calories to 1500 or lower but don't go below 1200. And drink water. I am sure you already know that part. It really does help. My energy today is sooo much higher than when I started this two months ago.

It has been a little over two months now for me and I have did exactly what I told you and only what I told you and so far I am at a total loss of 28 pounds and have lost two pants sizes. I am living proof that pushing thru the pain and being uncomfortable for awhile pays off in the end. Good luck hun, I know you an do it!!!
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am very big also & find it hard to exercise as I have arthritis pain that is sever as well. I use to go to the local indoor swimming pool and it was soooo much easier on my joints. We moved 3 years ago to a smaller town which does not have a pool indoors. I am sure there must be one in Portland & I am sure you could have some fun with your little one in the pool as well. Just walking in the pool holding your child would give you lots of resistance & will burn calories. Walking is good exercise anytime but can be hard on us large ladies! Hope you find something suitable for you. Hugs
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    1: Need a partner in my area to excersize with I live in the Portland area with no car durring the day and a 2.5 year old to boot.
    2. I am verry big chested and no matter the bra the bouncing is just tooooo much
    3. So tough to work out with no energy
    4. Have a bad shoulder so some of the shred stuff is very dificult.

any tips or help would be great. I have been going for walks but I feel like thats just not good enough.

1. Why do you need an exercise partner? In the end, this is up to you, and you only. You don't need a car either. There are a lot of workouts you can do at home, even with a 2 1/2 year old. The Leslie Sansone walking workouts are a great place to start. I can access them using the 'On Demand' feature with my cable box. Otherwise, you may be able to find them at a local store or online quite inexpensively. Otherwise, start walking. If there are stairs where you live, walk up and down them for an even bigger calorie burn. Walk with hand weights and do bicep curls, overhead presses, shoulder raises to an additional workout. When you walk, stop every 2 minutes and do 30 seconds of jumping jacks, or step up and down on a curb or bench.

2. Wear two bras...I know a LOT of women who do very high impact exercise, and that's what they need to do. Even us C cup girls sometimes need some extra bounce control.

3. If you don't have energy, you're not fueling your body properly. Eat small, frequent mini-meals. I eat 5-6 times/day. Balance a lean protein with a complex carb.

4. If an exercise hurts your shoulder, modify it.