VERY FRUSTRATED

Options
2»

Replies

• sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm in line with the folks on the eating thing. But I don't notice you mentioning any rest day/days. You need to rest your body at LEAST one day a week. I run. And to avoid overuse injury, I have been running 3 days a week. I'm upping to 4 now and ramping up to 5 days when I start training for a fall marathon. Your body is machine, but it needs fuel & maintenance (rest). So, eat healthy calories. . .add protein if it makes ya' happy, and build in at least one intentional rest day. The most you do is walk the dog or pick flowers! :-) Good luck!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Use the MFP calorie tracker and know your BMR and make adjustments there. ***Remember a 3,500 cal deficit = 1 lb. So, if you eat 500 less than your resting BMR a day and exercise 500 calories a day = 7000 calories deficit a week which is 2 lbs. a week which is a healthy weight loss goal.

Sorry but false. Do not take your deficit from your BMR. You take your deficit from your TDEE which is much higher than your BMR. Your BMR is the minimum amount of calories you should be eating in a day as it's the amount of calories your body requires to run when you do nothing but lay still all day long.
    I also did Jason Vale's 7 Pounds in 7 Days juicing detox (and lost 8 lbs the first time around, the 2nd time around I lost 4 lbs), which even if you're not into juicing, is a great book to help you stay motivated on your weight loss journey.

Sounds like you're doing good already, keep it up (and ditch the pills!)

While homemade juice can be good for you, never do a detox. When you go on these "detoxes" like the one mentioned above you lose water weight and some muscle.. and a very very small amount of fat. You also lack nutrients. Also, juicing removes a lot of the good nutrients in the fruits/veggies... always best to eat the actual fruit/veggie.
  • itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options

Use the MFP calorie tracker and know your BMR and make adjustments there. ***Remember a 3,500 cal deficit = 1 lb. So, if you eat 500 less than your resting BMR a day and exercise 500 calories a day = 7000 calories deficit a week which is 2 lbs. a week which is a healthy weight loss goal.

Sorry but false. Do not take your deficit from your BMR. You take your deficit from your TDEE which is much higher than your BMR. Your BMR is the minimum amount of calories you should be eating in a day as it's the amount of calories your body requires to run when you do nothing but lay still all day long.
    I also did Jason Vale's 7 Pounds in 7 Days juicing detox (and lost 8 lbs the first time around, the 2nd time around I lost 4 lbs), which even if you're not into juicing, is a great book to help you stay motivated on your weight loss journey.

Sounds like you're doing good already, keep it up (and ditch the pills!)

While homemade juice can be good for you, never do a detox. When you go on these "detoxes" like the one mentioned above you lose water weight and some muscle.. and a very very small amount of fat. You also lack nutrients. Also, juicing removes a lot of the good nutrients in the fruits/veggies... always best to eat the actual fruit/veggie.

Oops on the BMR/TDEE part! I'm new to the whole TDEE concept.

If you're living off juice for 7 days, it does "detox" or "flush" put a lot of toxins eaten in overly processed foods. Plus, eating all the fruit and vegetables in the juice plan in one day would be way too hard to consume without juicing it first.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have been doing aerobics 3 days a week plus working out in the gym at least 5 days a week since January. Our gym closed so I started running about 1 1/2 months ago so I started running. I run anywhere from 2 to 3.5 miles in the morning, sometimes I run a mile at lunch and on the days I don't have aerobics I run another couple of miles. I eat about 1100 calories per day and in this time period I have only lost 6 lb. 3 weeks ago I started taking Orlistat (for weight loss) and still nothing. I am at my wits end. Any advice?

Let's see, you eat 1100 calories a day, and exercise for probably... what, 1000 calories a day? So basically you're surviving on 100 calories. And you're surprised you're not losing weight?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Stop the orlistat and eat a few hundred more calories.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more calories, and 6 pounds in a 1 1/2 month time span is good.

And don't take things for weight loss. You can do it on your own, you just need to do it correctly.

This, this and this!!!
  • geoffreyhancockstr
    geoffreyhancockstr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Some very good advice here, you should be eating more and add a lot of variety to your exercise, you are doing well, but don't try to starve your body, won't work.