Do you have a mantra to help you stay on track?

Options

Replies

• richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    mine is slighly unsual ...:/ but i verbally self abuse....i say to myself "move you f***ing whale!!" or "sack of fat cells!" and the visuals anger me and get me to work out harder. its weird but it works for me lol
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you don't do it, you will regret it! And I hate feeling guilty...
    Also don't think too much, just do it!
    Suck it and get over it!
    Stop wining you big baby! :)
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    "Make good choices" - I never regret choosing to workout or eat healthy. I usually regret it if I don't.

Also, and I recognize this is weird, but there is a commercial for that show, The Mindy Project, in which she grabs the microphone at her ex's wedding and says some dumb stuff and then says "Have a good night everyone! Huh!" And for some reason, I love her energy in that moment - so sometimes I think of that when I'm feeling too tired to workout :)
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    mine is slighly unsual ...:/ but i verbally self abuse....i say to myself "move you f***ing whale!!" or "sack of fat cells!" and the visuals anger me and get me to work out harder. its weird but it works for me lol

Love this! I might try it...:))
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ALL of my workouts I create a matra for.. I start saying it to myself before I go workout and during.. Kinda is what gets me hyped up!! For EX .. *kitten* to grass GLUTE workout, Shoulder Domination day!!! Just makes it that much more fun
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The song "Titanium". Whenever it comes on, it makes me run a little harder, lift a little more :)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I found a new one Here!
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
    That is sooooooooo true.

I love this one. One of my drs also says, "eat to live, don't live to eat" - great to remember when deciding between french fries and a salad :)
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    "A year from now you'll wish you had started today"......another from someone on here, "The time is going to pass anyway, might as well do something with it", "Be extrodinary" and one I say in my head when I think about stopping, SERIOUSLY, YOU CAN'T DO FIVE MORE MINUTES????? COME ON".
  • Mushimushe
    Mushimushe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "What you eat in private, you wear in public." Read that on the internet somewhere, but now when I consider making bad food choices, I remember that it's not actually private. On some level, everyone will know. I'm not fooling anyone. I also taped up a couple pictures of inspirational bodies and outfits and quotes to the inside of my kitchen cabinets for weaker moments. Helps keep my mind on what I'm working toward. It's like constantly having a pinterest board in my face of all the things I want to wear and how I want my abs to look everytime I want a snack. That has honestly helped me a lot. and I change them pretty regularly so that I don't get like desensitized to them
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day: Most days it is "It beats the alternative", on really good days "You are awesome!" and on really bad days "Toughen Up Sissy Boy!"
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My personal one for me is my 3 P's ---- Patience + Perseverance = Payoff and of course my name starts with a P.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    While trying to keep my walking speed up, my take on a Queen hit, "Another lb. bites the dust, another lb. bites the dust, another lb. down, and another lb. down, another lb. bites the dust." Also works when I've made a good food choice instead of a treat.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    During workouts mine is: If you quit something early, you will never know how much you could have achieved! My trainer said that to me one day at the end of a session when i commented how much better i felt at the end, than i did halfway through. I keep telling myself this now every time.
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good thread
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    While trying to keep my walking speed up, my take on a Queen hit, "Another lb. bites the dust, another lb. bites the dust, another lb. down, and another lb. down, another lb. bites the dust." Also works when I've made a good food choice instead of a treat.

Good one
    I need to think of this when I'm jogging...
  • alexinah
    alexinah Posts: 1
    Options
    Nothing changes if nothing changes!
  • sarah_jones3
    Options
    This is a lovely thread, thanks for starting it and thanks for sharing everyone :)

Instant thought was I didnt have one but truely thinking about it I guess I do.

When running with friends at lunch we did intervals and I start to flag and want to stop - "Keep going! just a little more"

When I have a bad day or go over my calories or just eat badly - " Tomorrow is a fresh start"

I dont have one to keep me out of trouble with tempting food which I really should, I think Ill try adding more when I feel I want something naughty see if it helps keep me out of trouble hehe

I love the one posted above think ill try that - "nothing tastes as good, as being thin feels!"
  • krommama
    krommama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a few, but these two help a lot:
    1. It's easier to say no to the first bite, than to the second (or third or fourth or....).
    2. Think of the big picture that I want to lose weight and be healthy and lean.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    "I am the lotus. I am the lotus. I am the lotus." - me

“As a lotus flower is born in water, grows in water and rises out of water to stand above it unsoiled, so I, born in the world, raised in the world (and) having overcome the world, live unsoiled by the world”--- Buddha
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    For me it's "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

This