I changed my perspective

Options
2»

Replies

• ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Ok folks - you've convinced me. Time to go shoe shopping! I'm not a young chick (44!) and have a very conservative style - so slutty doesn't work for me - I'd just look like a prostitute that doesn't make a whole lot of money!

Note to self - don't buy anything you wouldn't want your teenage daughter to steal. That goes for shoes and everything else. She's obsessed with my silver running shoes and literally wills her feet to grow so she can wear them (she's a half size smaller than me still - even though she's 3 inches taller). If that girl grows up to look like she did in those heels, oh boy....
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    my two cents, start with a good pedicure then while your toes are looking fabulous and you are on cloud nine from the pampering... go buy yourself a cute pair of kitten heels... heels are a a learned skill you have nowhere to go but up as the scale goes down... :laugh: cheesy MFP humor..
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Heels also make your butt look perkier

I love my heels, until you get to the end of the night, you get your flats out, and all you get is 'omg you've shrunk' or 'omg you're so tiny'
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    I would wear heels all the time (I'm 5'3) if they didn't kill my feet. I assuming it's due to how overweight I am, so I am definitely looking forward to heels (and HIGH BOOTS!) when I reach goal / closer to goal.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Get them. Hide them from your daughter. Rock your husband's world. :wink: :smokin:
  • CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I always feel envious of the young ladies wearing those high platforms shoes. I always say "love them can't wear them". I have a bad arch and can't wear higher than 2.5" heel.

Went shopping last week and spotted an adorable cork platform wedge shoe in a coral colored canvas with a 3" heel and 3/4" platform. Love at first sight, tried them on, COMFY. I bought them even though I had no idea what I would wear them with. Husband and kids love them too.

I hope you find your comfy shoe too!
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Get them. Hide them from your daughter. Rock your husband's world. :wink: :smokin:

:smokin: idea
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Totally love high heels... Once I got to the 20lb lost mark and could wear them again they made my bottom half look like even MORE work had been done ;) I agree with the comments that said start relatively low. Platforms are MUCH easier than other high heels and even 2 inches does the job. Also, heels just make me feel bad Aword LOL Certainly a preference thing though. I say if they make you feel sexy (in a different way even) make a purchase and strut your stuff. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!