5000 calorie thread update

Options

Replies

• pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    BARF !

I don't really see the need for "cheat" days ....... but if you do, hope you have better luck next time !

GOODCHOICE-BADCHOICE.jpg

I know, thinking back it was dumb. But I had high expectations to enjoy this day which was easy because all I had to do was eat yummy foods. It ended up being a nightmare and it makes me deathly afraid of donuts and pizza now. Next time I will approach it differently.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest that next time you have a cheat day, eat whatever you want but make sure you're eating just until you're satiated and not until you are stuffed. Or as others have said, just work some of that stuff into your regular eating so that you don't feel like you need to stuff yourself.
  • ecmorales
    ecmorales Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're cool for having the courage to share this.
    What happened? your body said 'no thank you'. After some period of healthy, clean eating, and probably in reasonable amounts throughout the day -- your stomach simply didn't have the room for that stuff or your organs didn't have the ability to process the fat that quickly. Consider it a blessing you won't forget; and words to the wise for all of us.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    This was what my question was referring to. The praise of having a poor relationship with food that is technically a slight case of Orthorexia nervosa....

I'm confused-- how is this a case of orthorexia?

Because she ate food. That can't be healthy. Food isn't healthy!

SiJ3kgZ.jpg

OP, I'm glad you went ahead and had your day, but sad it turned bad for you in the end. I would also hazard a guess that you it didn't settle well because you just have not been used to it.

Or it is because you didn't included any bacon.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you threw up from overeating you would have thrown up once or maybe a second time within minutes of the first one. Since you seem to have thrown up multiple times and felt very bad the next day, I'm guessing you got a little food poisoning (maybe the sushi). You ever see a dog over eat? They eat some grass to make themselves throw up then they go right back to eating - but if they eat something bad that makes them throw up (spoiled meat) they dont go back to eating for a day or two.
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's possible that it was from the relatively high amount of sodium from that day (7000+ mg). Vomiting is one possible symptom from electrolyte imbalance caused by high sodium levels.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Yeah so why did you even do that?

She wanted to have a splurge day. Whats wrong with it?

If I wanted a "splurge day", it would be based on what I like to eat and what I want to eat. Not based on "how much to I have to eat to hit 5000 calories." I can have an awesome cheat/splurge/reward day for around 2200 calories.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the splurge day if you want one, not cool on the eating till you puke thing... that's just gross. Although there is a place at the end of my street that makes butter tarts that are so rich and calorie dense they make you feel sick to your stomach so maybe the shock to your system should be a clue to tone it down next time? lol
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    An occasioanl splurge day is a fun way to reward yourself by eating your favorite foods! If she ate like this EVERY day, then there would be a problem.
    I suggest you have a look at the OP diary frequent days over 1000 calories above her goal followed by 500 calories below. She may not have an ED but it screams as problems and a bad relationship with food. The calorie amounts yoyo (and not just for that one day) also the type and amounts of certain foods. Some people in this thread may want to deny that the OP eating habits are problematic anyone who uses a little common sense and reads that can't fail to see food is a problem for her. Others may wish to bury their heads in the sand and support these unhealthy practices I hope though that the OP may consult a professional and try and deal with this obvious problem.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a splurge day. Something wrong and odd, with a day where you eat so high over your cals by so much you actually gain a pound of mass by plan, and not accident. That's not a cheat day, that's a sign of an eating disorder.

O rly? Taking an isolated day and then calling it a sign of an eating disorder? Guess you don't have big eating days during the holidays or special events

^ This. Oh, in as well.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a splurge day. Something wrong and odd, with a day where you eat so high over your cals by so much you actually gain a pound of mass by plan, and not accident. That's not a cheat day, that's a sign of an eating disorder.

O rly? Taking an isolated day and then calling it a sign of an eating disorder? Guess you don't have big eating days during the holidays or special events

^ This. Oh, in as well.

In...

...for more medical diagnoses.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I blame the sushi. Probably just got something bad.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    An occasioanl splurge day is a fun way to reward yourself by eating your favorite foods! If she ate like this EVERY day, then there would be a problem.
    I suggest you have a look at the OP diary frequent days over 1000 calories above her goal followed by 500 calories below. She may not have an ED but it screams as problems and a bad relationship with food. The calorie amounts yoyo (and not just for that one day) also the type and amounts of certain foods. Some people in this thread may want to deny that the OP eating habits are problematic anyone who uses a little common sense and reads that can't fail to see food is a problem for her. Others may wish to bury their heads in the sand and support these unhealthy practices I hope though that the OP may consult a professional and try and deal with this obvious problem.

Just fyi, some people do that intentionally, whether for IF (like myself) or because they prefer cycling their calories for other reasons. That would not be a sign of unhealthy habits, nor is it a bad relationship with food.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

At what standard deviation does it become an eating disorder?

Is it percentage based or magnitude based?

So if you eat EXACTLY 1423.9125 calories every single day for 2 decades, you pretty much have nothing to worry about regarding food obsession, right?
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Solid diagnosis from the man who gains 5-10 pounds due to his period.

Rock on, bro.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Solid diagnosis from the man who gains 5-10 pounds due to his period.

Rock on, bro.

He also quotes zyzz...

tumblr_m9jvp5wPi91rf7kk4o1_400.gif
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I can't count the days I have had drink until I was sick (although I save it for stag-dos and so on these days).

Nobody ever accused me of being an alcoholic.

Get a grip, people.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    I feel sick if I eat 2,000 cals in one day. :sick:

Wow, My calorie goal is over 2000 calories.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    My math professor just announced a pizza party on Thursday to celebrate finals week. My jaw literally dropped.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My math professor just announced a pizza party on Thursday to celebrate finals week. My jaw literally dropped.

I really feel for you. Mine would have too. Hope you are feeling better.