What high calorie/fat foods have you "grown out of"?

Options

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Doritos for me too! I used to crave them constantly, now the thought of them makes me feel sick. I can't do moderation with them, I'd eat them until I was ill. Now that feeling is all that I can remember.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Burger king whoppers,big macs,most fastfood not that I was huge into it before but now especially and almost all pop ,except rootbeer on ocassion prefer water most days.
  • Sqauterina11
    Sqauterina11 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    All of them
    I don't ever, I mean ever buy my own junk foods.
    Plenty for the husband.
    I dont even eat special K i bought snack bars but for 90 calories i would prefer 60g tuna and lettuce to be honest !
    The sweetness just makes my teeth rotten and unhealthy foods leave my stomach heavy and bloated for days afterwards! Not worth the after feeling.

Junk food is like a hangover to me now, takes days for my body to adjust and I always pinch a few chips off my husbands plate or a piece of pasta or a bite of a burger but that one bite usually makes me go "urgh smells good but how do you eat that its disgusting" - The smells still get me. Chip shop chips, CAN NOT RESIST however i had 2 the other day and felt so ill straight away.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't miss Alfredo sauce and pasta
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Ice cream, chesses, donuts, cakes, lotsa other stuff but
    I do make allowances but only on a slim margin of the
    stuff I cut and not too often.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    None. Some are on hiatus until my HBP magically goes away when I hit 125# (or my doctor realizes I should be taking medication for it rather than have the blanket "you're fat" diagnosis).
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    none
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't grown out of any foods. If anything I eat more fast food now than I did as a kid.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I still eat small amounts of things they are "not good"...pizza, icecream, chocolate...even the odd bit of candy (jelly bellys and wine gums)

However, deep fried anything will do a number on my tummy now so I don't even bother risking it.

I was never a pop/soda drinker but I used to drink tons of juice and have cut that out now. Water and tea, water and tea!
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I used to eat chocolate all the time, now only occasionally 'cause it makes me feel bleurgh!
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    I haven't grown out of any foods. If anything I eat more fast food now than I did as a kid.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    Pizza actually...unless it's really really good pizza I've found I don't really enjoy it much, like all the chain places I can do without. But a good slice of home made or from a mom and pop place I really like.

Regular potato, they don't taste great on their own you have to add butter or milk or at least salt to a baked potato, but sweet potato are healthier AND you don't have to add anything to make them taste great!

Cream or milk or sugar in my coffee, not wicked high calorie since I've always liked it dark but for less then half the calories I drink it black and that IMO tastes much better and gives me more energy.

French fries, same with pizza, they have to be exceptionally good to be worth the calories, the only way fast food fries quaify is McDonald's fries straight out of the frier.

Foods I will never grow out of no matter how high calorie or unhealthy they might be: PEANUT BUTTER, (PB2 is okay but it's NOT and never will be PB), Reese Cups (When they're super fresh only), Nacho's, Spinach Artichoke Dip & Buffalo Wings

OH AND DONUTS. I almost always eat a doughnut on the days I'm doing a 5 mile + run haha so normally at least twice a week haha.
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    love it!
  • goodtimezzzz
    Options
    meaning Beachirons awesome comment!!
  • Timimbo
    Timimbo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat kid at heart... honestly, if i feel like eating something that is considered "junk", I just make sure to leave enough room in my macros so I don't go over for the day. A healthy lifestyle is something we should all enjoy. Moderation is the key to success in any thing in life.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    None. I make them fit my macros....or better my macros fit them
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I was really adamant about NOT CUTTING ANYTHING OUT!! - lol. I believed totally in IIFYM, and while I still believe in not denying, but using moderation as my guide, but I totally know what you mean.

I had a McDonald's Big Mac the other day (still within my daily intake) and of course I rarely have fast food, but when I did have it I ate about half and literally was disgusted, I ate half the small fries and couldn't finish the rest. Later I was thankful that I hadn't gorged on the whole pile because my tummy revolted and let me know exactly how much it didn't like the sudden influx of fatty rich food. So apparently Burgers and fries are on that list. Definitely Sodas... I hate the super sweet taste, and followed bloating.

I must say when I read Nacho cheese on your list I grimaced a little... I don't think I could stomach that anymore either. lol
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Cheezits crackers by the handfuls...I don't think I've even bought them for a year. Would rather eat real cheese ;)

And I don't eat a lot of candy any more, other than chocolate.

Other than that, I still enjoy lots of high calorie/high fat foods, just in smaller quantities and less often then I used to.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Ditto. My family eats very healthy. I eat a lot more fast food, fries, pizza, ice cream, etc now than I did growing up. And I'm more physically fit (in terms of strength and endurance) than I was in high school.
  • aliciaconcha90
    Options
    I stop craving ice cream, chocolate (not really was a fan) and chips.