Looking for new weight loss buddies

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Cheryl. I'm 39 years old and I'm seriously overweight. I've been diagnosed with PCOS and Hypothyroidism about 10 years ago, which has made is hard for me to lose the weight. During my weight loss/gain times, I've lost many friends who were "embarrassed" to be seen with me because I put on weight. Needless to say, it hurts and still hurts to this day. But I'm not letting anyone get me down anymore. I'm not going to eat to feel sorry for myself anymore.

I recently joined this site and I'm 1000% seriously going to lose this weight and start feeling good.

I'm hoping to make new friends here so we can motivate and support each other to lose weight.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Mushimushe
    Mushimushe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ouch! Those don't sound like friends. I'm rooting for you!
  • Ritaleslie
    Ritaleslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl:
    Glad to hear that you are continuing to try! For some extra support, check out the group SUNDAY WAY-IN BUNCH. I hope you think that this will help. Hope to see you there.

Rita:flowerforyou:
  • jainm1234
    jainm1234 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me! I am online everyday and can encourage you while you encourage me :flowerforyou:
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've got a long journey myself. I got married, settled down, had a baby and got huge. Lost almost all friends. Love this site because I don't feel alone anymore. Add me if you'd like
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Adding you Cheryl! I have been here almost a year and it is a slow process but we can do it ! I got your back xoxo
  • Stargrace2
    Stargrace2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sent a friends request, support here is never a bad thing! =)
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl my name is Katie. we are about the same age I will be 38 years old 2 weeks from tommorrow. I am 39 pounds from my goal and when I reach it my total weight loss would be 114 pounds. would love to encourage and support you.
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    Your real friends are the ones that will encourage and support you so you will definitely find real friends here. I sent you a friend request.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 27 years old. My doctor thinks I have Asperger's Syndrome and I've been diagnosed with mild depression and generalized anxiety. I figure we could all use the extra support and motivation.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I know what it's like to have a disorder that makes it difficult to lose weight.

I was diagnosed with moderate Fibromyalgia just last year and I noticed the weight was creeping on. I quickly decided I wasn't going to let the Fibro get me, I was going to get it! I know so people people with Fibro who are overweight, because they CAN'T exercise. Well I have it and all I do is calorie count, yoga, and walking (I'm going to start rebounding, which is trampoline jumping). I can't do anything high intensity and heavy lifting, but I want to prove to others with fibro you can still be in pain and be fit, because if I can do it, anyone can. You just need to push through the pain on the good days and try!

Rooting for you darling!

PS - I log daily even on bad days - we can only grow and learn! I also weigh in once a week (Sundays)
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Cheryl...feel free to add me, would love to have more friends!
  • sunflowerslover
    sunflowerslover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl,

At one time or another I to have lost freinds over my weight, guess that it is hard for people to look past all that and see the good in us...I have begun to look at it as their loss...I to have a lot of weight to lose and yes it is very hard...I have struggled most of my life with my weight..Please add me so we can motivate each other..

You new found friend

Pam
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you had so called friends that were embarassed to be seen with you ..they are the losers NOT YOU I would be delighted to be your weight loss buddy if you would have me. I have 168 lbs to lose one day at a time......
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can add me buddy
  • cheryl2974
    cheryl2974 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your kind words and for being my friends. I'm so overwhelmed by the responses that I've received and I want to let you all know that I appreciate all of you.

I'm here for you all if anyone needs to vent or just needs someone to chat.

Let's motivate and support each other to lose the weight!! :)
  • destini7
    destini7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Destiny , I am from Trinidad and Tobago ,a Caribbean island nation. I am looking to lose weight myself. Due to a recent illness i gained over 60 lbs, need some support since i have try everything out. i decided to do it the old fashion way, healthy eating and exercise. Iam getting married next year June and also need to fit into my costume for Carnival next year, So lets do it together.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check out the hypothyroid group here on mfp! It has a wealth of info and lots of support!