Multi Vitamins??

Options
2»

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Is there such thing as taking too many vitamins in a day??

You can. Most of the time your body will expel any extra vitamins via sweat and urine however some may be stored within your body. Most of time we take far too many vitamins in a day.

We do? Ok! Thanks! I was worried that it could be a bad thing to take too many.

Fat soluable vitamins will be stored in your body and can build up over time causing a lot of different issues.

Might be good to check your eating for a week and see where you fall for your vitamin intake and the RDAs for each vitamin. That way you can see where you improve through diet or what type of vitamin would be best for you to take.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I take one on a daily basis. I take one I can chew because I've always like the taste of those. I feel like eating a small candy and I'm sure it benefits my body, even if I have a very healthy diet! So go for it!
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    My doctor did blood work to tell me where I had deficiencies and gave me recommendations from there. I had a vitamin D and B deficiency so I take a muti-vite as well as a calcium with vitamin D and a vitamin B. Everyone's body is different, so although ideally we could just eat a balanced diet and get everything we need it's not always possible. For example, I eat a very balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruits but I live in New England and am very fair skinned hence the vitamin D deficiency.
    The thing I love about MFP is they will give you a breakdown under daily nutrient details from your food you log of Vitamin A, C, Calcium and Iron. That is a good place to start to see what your intake looks like daily pre-vitamins.
    I get all my vitamins on vitacost.com. You can search for GMO free, quick absorption, dairy free, soy free...you name it, they have it!
    I prefer gummy vitamins because the pills upset my stomach so I take nature-made Gummies.
    Good Luck!
  • raycombssr
    raycombssr Posts: 1
    Options
    And who are you to say such things against something that you have no knowledge of? That's what I thought...There is such thing as people who actually care...
  • tarynmcbride
    tarynmcbride Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there such thing as taking too many vitamins in a day??

You can. Most of the time your body will expel any extra vitamins via sweat and urine however some may be stored within your body. Most of time we take far too many vitamins in a day.

We do? Ok! Thanks! I was worried that it could be a bad thing to take too many.

Fat soluable vitamins will be stored in your body and can build up over time causing a lot of different issues.

Might be good to check your eating for a week and see where you fall for your vitamin intake and the RDAs for each vitamin. That way you can see where you improve through diet or what type of vitamin would be best for you to take.

OK thanks!
  • tarynmcbride
    tarynmcbride Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My doctor did blood work to tell me where I had deficiencies and gave me recommendations from there. I had a vitamin D and B deficiency so I take a muti-vite as well as a calcium with vitamin D and a vitamin B. Everyone's body is different, so although ideally we could just eat a balanced diet and get everything we need it's not always possible. For example, I eat a very balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruits but I live in New England and am very fair skinned hence the vitamin D deficiency.
    The thing I love about MFP is they will give you a breakdown under daily nutrient details from your food you log of Vitamin A, C, Calcium and Iron. That is a good place to start to see what your intake looks like daily pre-vitamins.
    I get all my vitamins on vitacost.com. You can search for GMO free, quick absorption, dairy free, soy free...you name it, they have it!
    I prefer gummy vitamins because the pills upset my stomach so I take nature-made Gummies.
    Good Luck!

Ok thanks! I am new to MFP so I was not aware of the breakdown of my daily vitamin intake based on my diet. i will track and do some research before deciding what to do
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    And who are you to say such things against something that you have no knowledge of? That's what I thought...There is such thing as people who actually care...

It's against MFP policy to post advertisement to your own website. If you really cared, you'll just answer her question on this forum.
    Seeing how you just joined on today and your first post was an advertisement to your website.. please.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You don't need to be taking one if you are eating nutrient dense food. Getting your vitamins from whole food is much more effective, since there are complex phytochemical reactions within the foods that activate the vitamins and minerals in ways that supplements cannot. Many foods are fortified these days, and it shouldn't be hard to get in what you need.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Good Luck!

Whoops...they are Nutrition Now not nature-made sorry!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Not sure who your post was directed to.

You joined the site yesterday and your first post was an ad for a product you are selling. It is against regulations here to try and sell something or promote something that you benefit from financially.

The stuff you are selling is no different than Shakeology, Isagenix, Body By Vi, It Works, etc... it's all crap products that are not worth the money they charge.